Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

WARNING: Non-craftable items

Post by Flash » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Hey guys, just a heads-up. In a recent update Valve made it so all Mann Co Store bought items can now be traded (not just "tools" as before). This means that hats and weapons bought in the store are now out there flooding the market.

While these items can now be traded they still can NOT be used in crafting. This means these specific hats can't be smashed with others and weapons can't be smelted into scrap metal.

The problem is that "craftability" status can NOT currently be viewed in any of the online backpack viewers or consistently in the Steam trading system! The only way to verify an item's ability to be crafted is to trade from within TF2.

I just got screwed by a few non-villuns with my weapon's exchange and wanted to make sure no one else here got caught unaware.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: WARNING: Non-craftable items

Post by ketchuo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Nice to know, a few of my friends told me about this bug. Im glad I dont buy stuff from the store.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:38 am

in a similar vein, the steam trading doesn't show off leveled weapons' levels. I lost a v lvl 94 natasha when i thought i was trading a normal lvl 5 one

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:32 am

Ugh, that sucks JF.

Although I think I've figured out the order it lists items. It seems that if you narrow down the Steam Trading window to all of a single item it lists them in the order they were added to your backpack. So the newest ones will be listed last.

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:44 am

Flash wrote:Ugh, that sucks JF.

Although I think I've figured out the order it lists items. It seems that if you narrow down the Steam Trading window to all of a single item it lists them in the order they were added to your backpack. So the newest ones will be listed last.
That is correct, with one caveat.
I think it changes the reference time used to order items if they're modified with a tool. Meaning the vintage whatever you just Named is now one of the newest items in your pack, as an example.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT: