Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TF2 Warehouse

Post by Katotsu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:28 am

abiscuit wrote:Triddin is going to make some changes soon:

Raffle entry time reduced to 60 seconds
Limit of 20 people per raffle
Raffles only for items costing 10k or more

Still will be useful for getting the cheaper stuff and weapons you don't have, but good luck getting anything of value.
This will make it perfect for me, as I don't really go for that valuable stuff anyways. I'm just looking to get my last few weapons, and more importantly, a full inventory of stranges. Its gonna take a long, long time.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:43 am

metal and high-traffic, low-price items should be raffled, or at least captchad.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 am

unusuals have arrived

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 am

chaffe[seagreens] wrote:unusuals have arrived
Apparently they are sold on commission at a price set by the original owner. Which helps explain the ridiculously high prices.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 am

Well let's do the math here. Take that Stormy Storm Stainless Pot for instance.

2,250,000 credits

Let's compare that to Refined Metal, which is 4,500. That brings us to

500 Refined Metal

Now let's break it down to keys, which are now approximately 2.33 Refined (2 Refined and a reclaimed)

214.5 Keys

Now let's turn it to Earbuds, the favored method of pricing unusuals, which generally go for 14-16 keys. For our purposes, let's go with 15.

Rounding, we end up at about 14 Earbuds.

Considering it is a Soldier hat (always more valuable because the srs bsns crowd covet them in addition to pubbers) and arguably the most valued of the new effects, 14 Buds seems just about right, if only slightly on the high side (which could easily be due to variables in my equations for which I used generalized values).

The same math leads us to a value of about 4 Earbuds on the Confetti Ol' Geezer as well, which also seems plausible, if high (again, variables).

So, moral of the story, if you find the prices outrageous, blame the TF2 economy, not the Warehouse or the seller.
Last edited by TheCarpe on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 am

TheCarpe wrote:Well let's do the math here. Take that Stormy Storm Stainless Pot for instance.

2,250,000 credits

Let's compare that to Refined Metal, which is 4,500. That brings us to

500 Refined Metal

Now let's break it down to keys, which are now approximately 2.33 Refined (2 Refined and a reclaimed)

214.5 Keys

Now let's turn it to Earbuds, the favored method of pricing unusuals, which generally go for 14-16 keys. For our purposes, let's go with 15.

Rounding, we end up at about 14 Earbuds.

Considering it is a Soldier hat (always more valuable because the srs bsns crowd covet them in addition to pubbers) and arguably the most valued of the new effects, 14 Buds seems just about right, if only slightly on the high side (which could easily be due to variables in my equations for which I used generalized values).

So, moral of the story, if you find the prices outrageous, blame the TF2 economy, not the Warehouse or the seller.
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 am

Why yes, I do blame the tf2 economy.

[edit] I think the problem is that seeing it as a price in Earbuds, it's reasonable, but seeing it as a price in Refined makes you realize how much of a jump there is from one level of value to the next, and seeing it in credits is pure sticker-shock. Psychological effects really.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:37 pm

One_Medic_Army wrote:Why yes, I do blame the tf2 economy.

[edit] I think the problem is that seeing it as a price in Earbuds, it's reasonable, but seeing it as a price in Refined makes you realize how much of a jump there is from one level of value to the next, and seeing it in credits is pure sticker-shock. Psychological effects really.
Indeed - it would be like pricing a car in cents. $20,000 might seem like a reasonable price for a new car, but stick a 2,000,000¢ tag on it, and it'll get a reaction.

Refined become keys, keys becomes Bill's, Bill's become Buds (with Buds capable of stepping up in to Max Heads as well, though the conversion fluctuates).

The following is a fairly reliable conversion table. Deals may be possible, but these prices should always get you what you want (if you're converting up):

2 weapons <> 1 scrap
3 scrap <> 1 reclaimed
3 reclaimed <> 1 refined
2.33 refined <> 1 key
5 keys <> 1 Bill's Hat
2 Bill's Hats <> 1 Buds
4 Buds <> 1 Max Head
-Boss Llama