For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Tekkit: Mystcraft Dense Ore World Raid: This Sunday 8:00CST

Post by Guardian » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Hey guys

I ran this idea past a few people and I wanted to hear opinions. So recently I've gotten ahold of the Dense Ores page which makes most ores more common in worlds I create (most notably diamonds) at the cost of making a world more “unstable” which basically means meteors fall from the sky and blow stuff up.

So I came up with an event idea, basically I’d create a Dense Orr world with a star fissure (which takes you to the overworld), that’s fairly livable but still quite crazy and I’d provide the server with a linking book that provides access to it BUT makes you drop all your items when you use it (it’s kind of complicated but I know how this works) however beyond that I wouldn’t control anything anyone would do. This does mean if you can figure out a way to get your equipment back, you can use it.
So the goal would be figure out how to quickly equip yourself and then exploit the world, find the star fissure and then get out of there.

I’m wondering who’d be interested in such an event and when people would be available.

Edit: After chatting a while I'll be opening the portal to the dense ore realm tomorrow on Sunday at 8:00 CST.

The connection I provide will be booby trapped with the "disabled" charm on the book meaning you'll drop all your items on using it but beyond that, I'm allowing everything else to to take place in that realm.

It essentially will be another resource realm that will always be open but the cost of setting up anything there will be high.
Last edited by Guardian on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Tekkit: Mystcraft Dense Ore World Raid Idea

Post by black_and_blue » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Not all the familiar with Tekkit, so can't comment on whether this would unbalance the game or not, but it sounds like fun.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Tekkit: Mystcraft Dense Ore World Raid Idea

Post by Guardian » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Well Black and Blue that's a good question, mystcraft likes to balance out it's positive pages with instability, a mechanic which adds a number of negative effects you can read about here: http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id= ... lity#decay

A skilled mystcraft user (a.k.a. me) can purposely add a number of instability effects and world types to create a decent world which has more desirable resources like Dense ores. Although in this case decent means "meteors are crashing from the sky blowing up everything" and not "the server is crashing from decay blocks spreading everywhere" or worse "you are eternally trapped in a world because the ground you spawn at got eaten by black decay and you must now suffer an existence of forever dieing and respawning"

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Tekkit: Mystcraft Dense Ore World Raid: This Sunday 8:00

Post by Guardian » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Alright after chatting with Tekkit players I'm essentially treating this as another public realm I open but the rules and warning will be the same. The linking book I provide will force you to drop your items however if you tech within the realm enough, you will be able to bring your stuff into the realm and perhaps eventually forge a personal stable linking book.