MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Minecraft 101

Post by MrBlah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Here, at this thread, post any helpful videos you find will help others in the wonderful world of Minecraft.

The following videos are a good introduction to what Minecraft is and how to get started.

There are more, but beyond these you will have a good idea on the game. Just log on to TS and ask anyone of us questions.

The Following are some instructional videos, kinda, on how to do some neat things (repost from the other thread)

Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Minecraft 101

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:13 am

My favorite one is this:

It's a single compact video that covers enough to get you anybody started, without losing you in the specifics. A great vid for somebody who just wants to get a quick understanding of the game before diving in and sandboxing to their heart's desire. It's the only remotely tutorial vid I watched before buying the game, and served me quite well.
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:11 am

Thanks for these videos guys, that Seananners guy was cracking me up. I've played the "Classic" browser version before and that is the reason I didn't understand the obsession, it looks like the game has come a long way. After seeing these videos it makes a lot more sense now and I'm fairly tempted to pick it up Sunday before the price goes up...

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:06 am

Flash wrote:Thanks for these videos guys, that Seananners guy was cracking me up. I've played the "Classic" browser version before and that is the reason I didn't understand the obsession, it looks like the game has come a long way. After seeing these videos it makes a lot more sense now and I'm fairly tempted to pick it up Sunday before the price goes up...
Do eet! Do eet naow!

You cannot resist the siren call. Join us Flash... joooiiiiiiin uuuussssss.
-Boss Llama

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:10 am

Flash wrote:Thanks for these videos guys, that Seananners guy was cracking me up. I've played the "Classic" browser version before and that is the reason I didn't understand the obsession, it looks like the game has come a long way. After seeing these videos it makes a lot more sense now and I'm fairly tempted to pick it up Sunday before the price goes up...
You should! I'm going to try and pick up my own account too, since I have been playing on someone elses.

But if you do pick it up, be prepared for long days of minecraft..

And Seananners has a lot more minecraft videos that are hilarious if you want to check them out. :P

.[/quote]