Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Minecraft Projects!

Post by Buzzy Beetle » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Plinko wrote:Join us!!

Edit: For you, Betteh!

VIEW CONTENT:
In regards to iron, track, and minecart donations there is a chest in the Blue Shell Transit Office. Since people have no idea where it is, and I suck at describing things, here's the old labeled map Alizee did with notation of where the office is.
VIEW CONTENT:
Really. It's always been there. It's just not much to look at and easy to miss. Partially because I've been spending all my time working on the circuits. =P
I proudly support Independent Developers, Local Businesses, and SNAILGOSH.

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Plinko wrote:Nice, Marf! I found the sphere thread and will try that for my next project, whatever it might be.
Yeah, you can't design a sphere on the fly. It will turn into a cone or diamond shape. For anyone else that wants to build spheres or domes, here's the perfect spheres thread.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 pm

My latest creations:
1) TVR made of diamond and gold
2) Glass Ville logo in the sky

MMX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MMX » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Mine entrance
VIEW CONTENT:
Guest book
VIEW CONTENT:
Storage room
VIEW CONTENT:
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/monorail_sig.jpg[/img]
- [url=http://tinyurl.com/ykkat36]Mechanical Mathematics Xenomorph[/url]
- local time zone: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time]CET[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+1), [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time]DST[/url]: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEST]CEST[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+2)
- Signatures: [url=http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/dodcup08/vov_sig_mmx.png]TheVille DoD Cup '08[/url]

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:03 am

Though it's not a project yet, it's turning in to one...

Found the largest contiguous lava lake I have ever seen, tonight. I wore out my diamond pick 2 and a half times, just to clear a 2-high pathway around the edge. Tracking the edge took between 15 and 20 minutes. I managed to get out near the center, and take 3 screenies, at 120 degree angles to give a panoramic. These three shots are taken from the same point, just pivoting around.
VIEW CONTENT:
VIEW CONTENT:
VIEW CONTENT:
-Boss Llama

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Nice lava lake! I, luckily, found a pretty huge lava river that I have been mining out..... i spent days and days just mining obsidian, with Roi's help too, and I still need like double the amount I started with on my current project.

Do you have any tips for obsidian mining? I quite often mine out a block, just to have it fall into the lava underneath.... I have been able to get around that sometimes, but I don't have a foolproof way to get around it.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:09 pm

You want to mine obsidian from the side, one block lower than the obsidian itself is (as if it were a step for you) Press up against the block while mining, so that you can't move any farther towards it, and you will successfully grab the block nearly 100% of the time, even if there's lava beneath it. After every block, obsidianize any exposed lava, to keep the number of places future blocks can vanish to a minimum.
-Boss Llama

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:36 pm

It's easier to farm than to mine it. Get yourself 8 buckets, fill one with water. Take those buckets and a diamond pick to your lava lake. Make yourself a 8 long x2 deep x1 wide trough in the nearby stone/dirt gravel. At one end, place one stone so that end is only one deep. Take your 8 buckets and fill them with lava from the lake 9note you can only pick up the still surface lava or the original block of a lava spring. Dump one lava bucket into each 2-deep space of the trough. You now have a trough of lava. Dump your water bucket in the 1-deep space. The water will flow over the lava and turn it to obsidian. Pick the water back up int he bucket and mine out the 7 blocks of obsidian. Repeat until you've drained the lava lake or you get tired of it.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Plinko wrote:It's easier to farm than to mine it. Get yourself 8 buckets, fill one with water. Take those buckets and a diamond pick to your lava lake. Make yourself a 8 long x2 deep x1 wide trough in the nearby stone/dirt gravel. At one end, place one stone so that end is only one deep. Take your 8 buckets and fill them with lava from the lake 9note you can only pick up the still surface lava or the original block of a lava spring. Dump one lava bucket into each 2-deep space of the trough. You now have a trough of lava. Dump your water bucket in the 1-deep space. The water will flow over the lava and turn it to obsidian. Pick the water back up int he bucket and mine out the 7 blocks of obsidian. Repeat until you've drained the lava lake or you get tired of it.
This also allows you to semi-afk mine it, just weight down W and mouse clicker(or write a script to do this?). A little less stressful and boring.

Also, I need sand. And lots and lots of sand. By that, I mean I need stacks and stacks and tons and tons and like >5000 m^3 of sand. If you have any, I would like it :)
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Roirdan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Roirdan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Plinko wrote:It's easier to farm than to mine it. Get yourself 8 buckets, fill one with water. Take those buckets and a diamond pick to your lava lake. Make yourself a 8 long x2 deep x1 wide trough in the nearby stone/dirt gravel. At one end, place one stone so that end is only one deep. Take your 8 buckets and fill them with lava from the lake 9note you can only pick up the still surface lava or the original block of a lava spring. Dump one lava bucket into each 2-deep space of the trough. You now have a trough of lava. Dump your water bucket in the 1-deep space. The water will flow over the lava and turn it to obsidian. Pick the water back up int he bucket and mine out the 7 blocks of obsidian. Repeat until you've drained the lava lake or you get tired of it.
Brilliant! Sorry, Alizee, but Plinko has replaced you as my new hero.
Awesome sig by F13ND!

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:00 pm

You could cut out the middle man and just make the trough in the place where you want the obsidian to be place in your structure. That way you dont need to spend time mining it, its already where you want it to be.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:06 pm

metacide wrote:You could cut out the middle man and just make the trough in the place where you want the obsidian to be place in your structure. That way you dont need to spend time mining it, its already where you want it to be.
I would say some situations that will definitely be smarter. A wall of obsidian should be done this way (but you should make a lot of buckets, otherwise the walk time will probably exceed the mining time) - just build dirt walls and fill in the lava one row at a time.

It may be inconvenient to build the molds for things that are part obsidian or dangerous where wood objects are nearby or if you don't have a ton of buckets to carry lava.

Also note I adapted my guide to obsidian farming from the Minecraft wiki. It wasn't my idea but I like my explanation better. ;)
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:58 am

Build a water boat elevator from ground level to lava level. Travel time has now been greatly reduced(needs to be like 2x6 wide, all the way down, but they are fast enough that it is worth it). Build like 10 buckets and create your molds and lay obsidian before placing wood.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:55 pm

i need lumber donations for my next 2 projects..... lots of lumber :)

building the same project 2 different ways one on the big server and one on tv5 doggehs server
Eat all the tacos!