TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Minecraft

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm also taking it upon myself to rebeautify the landscape around where we've built.

High on my list is filling in all the gutted beaches people have been digging up for sand, presumably for glass. I have set up a post near my base on the beach with a treasure chest filled with plenty of sand I've been bringing back from trips to a nearby desert biome. I'll try my best to keep this supply stocked. Take all you need, and replenish it if you find you have extra, instead of digging up the beaches if you so please.

It would also be nice if a Creeper should detonate near a populated area, you at least make an effort to fix it. Craters are unsightly, especially considering the work we put into making things look good.

We can all do our part to make our little world pleasing to the eye :)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:07 am

First of all, I want to apologize to Carpe, I think I destroyed some of his stuff via creeper attacks and being brand new had no idea how to fix it. Sorry Carpe :(

Now for something crazy.
Computer in a computer game

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 am

It's fine, Meta. I'll admit I was a little miffed after I saw all the damage, but not at you, just at the situation. Trust me, I've seen plenty of Creeper destruction, it happens, it's cool. If that's the last (and worst) my base gets damaged by Creepers, I'll be a happy camper. But it never is. On either count lol.

The others on the server were quite helpful in bringing me materials to get everything rebuilt, and everything is fixed up and good as new. Don't let it bother you :)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:47 am

I just got it today, and played for.... more hours than it felt like i was playing.

Could I get a group invite as well? I'll be sure to do my best at doing my building and mining faaaar from other peoples stuff, just in case. I did end up almost drowning myself today, and flooding my house, and other mishaps.

It's definitely a lot of fun. I played it a bit a long time ago when I first heard of it, but it was just the browser version, and i really only toyed around with dirt blocks. What I learned today though, is that there is so very much more to it than making a dirt hut and hiding from zombies.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 am

Hey, while we're at this, if you play in game under a name other than your forum name or an obvious derivation (I'm plinkotvb), would you please post in here and let us know who you are? It makes conversation easier plus I won't feel so odd seeing folks running through that I don't recognize!
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 am

By the way.... is there any way to make your dude look different? I know you can get leather armour, and I assume you can make other types (iron, maybe?), but is there any other way?

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:54 am

You're talking about "skins". Yes there is, no I don't know how. I forget who, but someone is running around looking like Mario.

barcode
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by barcode » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm

You can find skin on this page (wiki page reference): http://www.minecraftskins.com/
And when you start minecraft, I think there is an option "Import Skin" or something along that line that you can use to import the skin you downloaded.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm not 100% on everyone's, but I know that Masakari is Bowser, Buzzy is a RED Soldier, Bullet is Mario, Biker is Vault Boy, Stevo is a banana, and I'm Harvey Birdman. I don't remember or recognize anyone elses.

barcode
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by barcode » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 pm

found it, you can change skin here (official minecraft site): http://minecraft.net/skin/

My in-game name is nimosa and I am a blue medic =)
http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=nimosa

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:10 pm

TheCarpe wrote:I'm not 100% on everyone's, but I know that Masakari is Bowser, Buzzy is a RED Soldier, Bullet is Mario, Biker is Vault Boy, Stevo is a banana, and I'm Harvey Birdman. I don't remember or recognize anyone elses.
How can you not remember Marf's?

Duh-duh-duh-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, duh-duh duh.
I am the 1%!

Toby from Human Resources
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Toby from Human Resources » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:50 pm

I hope Notch really works on SMP, because even with correctly forwarded ports, I can't host a server. I even lose connection when I try. Ah, well. At least single player is fun. :)
Thanks, Beeron. :)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 am

To assist with finding each other, and to help new folks know what's occupied and what's not, I did my best to append names to locations on the map.
VIEW CONTENT:
In white are the names of players who occupy areas, and in grey are the names of landmarks worth knowing.

I did this by memory, so I'm missing some things, and may have mixed up a couple. Please let me know if I have you in the wrong place, or am missing you.

I know I'm still missing barcode's place, as well as sn8man. Anybody else, I apologize, it's 4:30am and I'm so tired I just lept headlong in to a pit of lava while carrying the entire night's haul worth of diamonds. Let me know what I'm missing, and I'll fix it up soon as I can.
-Boss Llama

bullet4o1
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullet4o1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 am

That blip above Marf's is mine too. Along with the tower that goes over the bottom bridge.

I think the tower by Keyes is Tyrain's? Not positive on that though.
Intel I7 860 | Intel Board | 8GB DDR3 PC1600 | MSI HD5770 Juniper XT | 32 GB SSD | 4.25 TB's and counting!!

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 am

Great map Alizee. Its been awhile since I've seen civilization and it is nice knowing what is up. This also brings to mind a problem that I will be running into soon.

Where does my tunnel come up? My tunnel is currently a 12 minute walk which means I might be getting pretty close. My current plan since I have like a thousand pieces of rock is to create twin condo sky scrapers. Obviously my current castle will become the 'Biker's West Tower' and the new one will be 'Biker's East Tower'.

If anyone knows a clear area to do this please let me know.