For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
raindrop
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TV11 - Tekkit organization thread

Post by raindrop » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:50 am

Dog wrote:Well, I should claim anything - my apologies.
I was planning doors that diverted the lava when they opened.
But as I never play, please use as you see fit!
I never intended on doing anything with it, just pointing out a cool volcano. Anyone is free to do with it as they please. ^_^

I've also waypointed a couple of massive oil geysers. If anyone is interested, I can look up the coords. <3

Moonray
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonray » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:06 am

I believe someone stole some of my batboxes, from my base. :evil:
The Ville Cup 2012 - Commissar Crimson's Conscript Platoon
Dustbowl Loves Warpath 2013 - SOBAD
The Ville Cup 2013 - Group Of Drunks
The Ville Cup 2014 - Fox In Sox Team

Moonray
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonray » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 am

Scratch that, it isn't some.

I began with 36 batboxes, and I am left with 23 batboxes.

It is not the end of the world, but I am mad.

Moonray
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonray » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Now that I've had a few hours to cool down, I realize I was overreacting. I am sorry.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Was chatting with Rain yesterday about the capabilities of CCSensors, specifically the Player Sensors. If I understood correctly, you can use them to pick up the name, location, level etc of any player coming in range of them, and we believe log that data using a ComputerCraft program in game. These "mysterious occurences" will get a lot less mysterious once we get a couple of those systems operating. Just stick them near your storage, and everything will suddenly be a bit clearer. Only thing I can suggest in the meantime is to verify that you didn't use a set of them somewhere? I know you have a bunch installed in that replica of my main building you made - were those part of the 36, or separate?
-Boss Llama

Moonray
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonray » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:23 pm

I don't know..

But I believe I know what happened.

Firstly, I am sorry I accused a Villun of stealing from me. I believe that I forgot to get an LV Transformer next to an MFE, thus making several of my batboxes explode.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Ahhh, yeah, that could do it :-( I've detonated rows of equipment like that before, too.
-Boss Llama

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Was chatting with Rain yesterday about the capabilities of CCSensors, specifically the Player Sensors. If I understood correctly, you can use them to pick up the name, location, level etc of any player coming in range of them, and we believe log that data using a ComputerCraft program in game. These "mysterious occurences" will get a lot less mysterious once we get a couple of those systems operating. Just stick them near your storage, and everything will suddenly be a bit clearer. Only thing I can suggest in the meantime is to verify that you didn't use a set of them somewhere? I know you have a bunch installed in that replica of my main building you made - were those part of the 36, or separate?

yes you can, however unless we have people of LUA guru status, and are willing to program them in, line by line....by line, in the game, we will need dog or someone to upload the programs into the server's CC folder, the "vanilla" CCSensors package with the mod, does not do logging, you just can see it...I also am unsure if it keeps track in real time...i know reactor sensors do not track the reactor status in real time, only shows the status the moment you access the sensor menu, not before, or after...but it merits further looking, as I am interested in the various CC uses
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

raindrop
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by raindrop » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Cpt._Keyes wrote:
Alizée Fan wrote:Was chatting with Rain yesterday about the capabilities of CCSensors, specifically the Player Sensors. If I understood correctly, you can use them to pick up the name, location, level etc of any player coming in range of them, and we believe log that data using a ComputerCraft program in game. These "mysterious occurences" will get a lot less mysterious once we get a couple of those systems operating. Just stick them near your storage, and everything will suddenly be a bit clearer. Only thing I can suggest in the meantime is to verify that you didn't use a set of them somewhere? I know you have a bunch installed in that replica of my main building you made - were those part of the 36, or separate?

yes you can, however unless we have people of LUA guru status, and are willing to program them in, line by line....by line, in the game, we will need dog or someone to upload the programs into the server's CC folder, the "vanilla" CCSensors package with the mod, does not do logging, you just can see it...I also am unsure if it keeps track in real time...i know reactor sensors do not track the reactor status in real time, only shows the status the moment you access the sensor menu, not before, or after...but it merits further looking, as I am interested in the various CC uses
I wrote a script that types in my locally edited lua files into a computercraft computer and it seems to work pretty well. (Using the built in editor is indeed painful.) The biggest problem is bugginess with interfacing with ccSensors using their API. If I get something cool working with proximity sensors, I'll show it off.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:00 pm

I am pleased to announce that my main base now has electricity storage in excess of One Billion EUs. There are 100 MFSUs in the primary facility, as well as half a dozen MSEs and well over a dozen Batboxes. A single HV array readily fuels the whole thing, though there are nuclear stations and some lesser solar as back-ups. For extra redundancy, I've got another HV array and some more MFSUs installed in a secondary base that I'm working on.

In unrelated news, somebody the other day was asking if there was an example of some color or another of lamp. I've built a color reference grid here of what the different lamps look like.

Angled, with dye key:
VIEW CONTENT:
Flat, trimmed down:
VIEW CONTENT:
Hope it's useful!
-Boss Llama

Cody The Wolf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Cody The Wolf » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:27 pm

I just wanted to point out that you will be kicked for flying if you fly using the gravity (gem armor) boots from EE.
I think the server may need to be enabled for flying....
Aiya, Essenya Epeataro!!!

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 pm

yeah, I've know that for a while now, there is also something wrong with the flying things on it. You ascend much faster, but if you try to move any direction horizontally, its about twice as slower then using the ring.
You also get kicked for sitting in a cannon :x
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:46 pm

jaggernaughty wrote:I just wanted to point out that you will be kicked for flying if you fly using the gravity (gem armor) boots from EE.
You were probably hacking
:D

Cody The Wolf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Cody The Wolf » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Dog wrote:
jaggernaughty wrote:I just wanted to point out that you will be kicked for flying if you fly using the gravity (gem armor) boots from EE.
You were probably hacking
:D
Aiya, Essenya Epeataro!!!

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I made a cannon, and was trying to use it. I was able to sit in it for bout 30 seconds while i messed around, then it kicked me. i rejoined, and it then kicked me bout 4 seconds afterwards, this continued for about a minute before i was able to break free of my prison.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011