A forum for computer hardware and software issues
Cody The Wolf
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

What should I buy for the Raspberry Pi?

Post by Cody The Wolf » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:42 am

So I've been talking with friends and doing research on the Raspberry Pi and I have decided that I'm gonna buy one. One thing I need to figure out though is what should I buy with it? I'm buying the Model B and have Ethernet, I also already have some extra MicroUSBs, a monitor with HDMI, and a SD card so I don't have to worry about that. Is there anything else I should buy though? I was thinking about buying some little extras to start out with but what should I buy just to start tinkering with it? Any ideas?
Aiya, Essenya Epeataro!!!

Tilgasse
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: What should I buy for the Raspberry Pi?

Post by Tilgasse » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Ive started playing with an Arduino board. Just learning the basics for now. I want to get an ethernet sheild

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: What should I buy for the Raspberry Pi?

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Don't forget a case for the Pi. By itself, it is just a bare circuit board, and you won't want to run it like that. I use this case. I assume the extra microUSBs you reference are attached to charging cables? If not, you'll need a charger - I use a standard Motorolla one like it used for any Droid. You could also get a tiny wireless adapter for it so you don't have to plug in the ethernet cable - something like this one.
-Boss Llama