Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: New rig - Requesting Tech Support

Post by Clay Pigeon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:17 am

Actually, a H77 mobo should have onboard graphics, supplied by the ivybridge processor itself. However, it disables itself if a real graphics card is detected.

/if I recall correctly.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: New rig - Requesting Tech Support

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Ok, monitor aside, I've got another problem. This one is isolated to Team Fortress 2, and even stranger it's only happening (so far) in Dustbowl. Periodically while traversing dustbowl I see horizontal bars flash across my screen seemingly at random in random positions. The bars appear to be the skybox color on top and the tan rock color on the bottom. So far Dustbowl is the only place I see it happening. I tried to record it happening with Fraps but, stranger still, while Fraps was actively recording it wasn't happening. What could be causing this? Is there a video setting that it defaulted to that might be causing it? Here's my advanced video options page in case it helps; it defaulted to my system specs:
VIEW CONTENT:
EDIT: It's not just Dustbowl, it's seemingly everywhere. Had it happening on Goldrush and Turbine as well.

EDIT AGAIN: Found it, Vsync. Turns out the graphics issue I was experiencing is called "tearing". TF2 was running at 300 frames per second, five times what my monitor can actually support (or the eyes can even interpret from what I understand). Vsync restricted it to 60 and everything was fine. Didn't notice any difference either.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.