A forum for computer hardware and software issues
Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Malwarebytes and TF2

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:43 pm

I have been using the free version of Malwarebytes for a while. Since Powderedmilkman's post, I decided that $25 wasn't that much and put in for the premium version.

The Premium version likes to flag and block outbound requests from hl2.exe. I checked around and it seems that often these are false alarms, but it still is a bit strange.

74.118.192.166 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54168, Process: hl2.exe) No idea who these guys are, but it's been flagged more than once.

74.91.114.84 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54168, Process: hl2.exe)
204.12.226.51 (Type: outgoing, Port: 54168, Process: hl2.exe)

Also, the first time I ran TF2 after installing MBam premium, both it and Windows firewall triggered and blocked it completely. They both calmed down on the second run.

Mortis462
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Malwarebytes and TF2

Post by Mortis462 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:03 pm

I've had some issues with this, you can add them to an ignore list in MB to stop it from happening. When it gives you notification that it is a blocked site in the system tray, right click on the MB icon in the sys tray and "Add to Ignore List" that should take care of the problem. Or you can open MB and manually add the IP's to the ignore list. If you have other problems or questions just shoot me a message and I'll do my best to help out.
Everyone has changed
Everything has changed
Everyone has changed
But me

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm

I looked at the traffic through WireShark and it was giving out "Source Engine Query." I suppose it could be pings to servers on my history list, since one of those didn't appear after I cleared out everything but Valve, XIRP, and TheVille from recently played.

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:02 pm

...and there was no such warning from CS:GO. Granted it has a different executable, but I also have no server history with it.