Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Replacement Battery

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:36 pm

The battery in my ASUS G51J notebook is shot to the point where the laptop will no longer power if it's not plugged in or even charge (the battery indicator in my corner constantly states "54% plugged in, not charging"). I'm looking to get it replaced, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to look for replacement laptop batteries? I know they're expensive but i'm willing to suck it up and pay whatever I need to get this replaced before the battery percentage gets too low that Windows won't even let me power on for fear of losing data.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Replacement Battery

Post by arfy4 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:43 am

It will always let you power on, my computer has had a bad battery for a while. Though I do understand how annoying it is to have a bad battery, and I'd understand wanting a new one, especially if you use your laptop away from home more than I do.
It looks like a six cell is about $40 http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... 76670273-2

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 am

You actually used your battery? I've got the ASUS G51-vx and that thing was such a beast I never even tried using it on battery (aside from the times power went out in my dorm).
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:01 am

One_Medic_Army wrote:You actually used your battery? I've got the ASUS G51-vx and that thing was such a beast I never even tried using it on battery (aside from the times power went out in my dorm).
It's not that I use it, but there's two main reasons to replace it. One, being in school it helps to be able to take it from place to place and not have to rely on whether or not there's an outlet nearby, and two, with the battery as it is, power failures knock out my computer entirely rather than just disconnect me from the internet (since the router goes out too).

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.