A forum for computer hardware and software issues
MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: headphone recommendations

Post by MateoTheBold! » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I've been using these for 2-3 years now. Absolutely fantastic, but they do get uncomfortable after 2-3 hours of use. In my mind though thats a good signal to take a break at that point if you have been gaming that long, so I don't see it as a negative.

They are open air, meaning sound will leak out, so they aren't a good choice if you are using them to listen to loud music next to a sleeping person or looking for sound isolating headphones for a plane trip. That being said, I do use them in bed next to Amber and they don't bother her. They might if the person is noise sensitive though.

Open air does mean that they will produce better sound then the typical closed type headphones you normally see. It also means that they will sound closer to speakers then headphones. They won't really have a "canned" sound, if that makes sense.

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Se ... 365&sr=8-2

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:55 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:Beats by Dre are currently regarded as the best headphones around.
I will admit my solo HDs were a very good $200 spent, but there are better headphones, and many of them cost less than $200

Buzzy Beetle
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Buzzy Beetle » Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I know it's out of your price range but I've been just adoring my astro headset that I got after last year's PAX. (amusingly enough, any booth that was running PC games were using Astro A40s for the headsets including the Riot booth and the Uber booth.) They're a bit on the expensive side (they do have the A30 which does come cheaper) but they are REALLY good quality. Year warranty, super comfy, microphone can plug into either side, good solid, heavy duty frame... They're really nice headphones.
I proudly support Independent Developers, Local Businesses, and SNAILGOSH.