ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

HeadPhones and desktop mic

Post by ketchuo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm

So yesterday my dog chewed my mic on my headset and made it unusable, good think is it's detachable so my headphones still work.

Now I brought a desktop mic from amazon a few days ago and I was wondering if I can have both the headphones plug in and the desktop mic plug in at the same time and would they work?

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: HeadPhones and desktop mic

Post by NoahTheBoa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 pm

It should work fine. My headset plugs in the same way as a separate headphone/mic system would. The mic plugs into the audio in port and the headphones into the audio out port.

tsmitho
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by tsmitho » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:28 pm

yes It will work. even if the headset is integrated via usb you can select the input device you wish to use in the sound options in control pannel. for example if you have a web cam with a built in mic you could use that with your headphones or with speakers or whatever even if the headset has a mic built in.

TL;DR:
yes. if it doesnt work right away check out sound options in control pannel

| AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition | ATI 5830 | 4GB Corsair Dominator PC6400 | ASUS Board | Liquid Cooled |

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:38 pm

tsmitho wrote:yes It will work. even if the headset is integrated via usb you can select the input device you wish to use in the sound options in control pannel. for example if you have a web cam with a built in mic you could use that with your headphones or with speakers or whatever even if the headset has a mic built in.

TL;DR:
yes. if it doesnt work right away check out sound options in control pannel

What he said.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar