Any 775 socket processors worth getting?

A forum for computer hardware and software issues
Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Any 775 socket processors worth getting?

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

I think his point is that he doesn't want to buy a new mobo + ram + cpu, just a new cpu.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Clay Pigeon wrote:I think his point is that he doesn't want to buy a new mobo + ram + cpu, just a new cpu.
If I had the money I would buy a new mobo + ram + cpu as I can get a different socket cpu that is much better for the same price. But like I've mentioned, I'm looking for the cheapest temporary (until I can get a new mobo +ram + cpu) fix.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

It was a suggestion to save your money now and get something later. There isn't a true temporary fix. Sure you could replace your CPU, but you could also just save $150-200 now and spend it later on something that isn't so temporary.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson