TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Custom Audio Output settings

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 pm

So I have a newish headset, but I also have decent speakers. I like to use one for some things and the other for other things. Problem is I have to constantly use the Windows audio to select which device is being used for what.

My question is if there is some way, either through Windows or another program, to assign it so, say, TF2 and L4D2 always come through my headset and Firefox and WMP and such comes through my speakers without having to specifically set one or the other every time?

Thanks in advance :)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Custom Audio Output settings

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't know what the term for them is but it's like a kvm switch for audio. They are cheap and allow you to toggle audio output between headphone and speakers. Probably like $10 at fry's.
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:12 pm

Sound automatically comes out of my speakers when I unplug my headphones...
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:10 pm

The Spanish Inquisition wrote:I don't know what the term for them is but it's like a kvm switch for audio. They are cheap and allow you to toggle audio output between headphone and speakers. Probably like $10 at fry's.
I think he's looking for a software solution, I know I would be. I'm an audiophile and have a nice soundcard, I wish you could set up profiles in that way so I didn't always have to open up their software and switch the output. It's really a small price to pay for good audio though.