regis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

LCD Monitor

Post by regis » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:21 pm

Can someone check out the stats on this and tell me if it's worth getting for the price??

Newegg- Acer LCD

Thanks.

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:45 am

Brightness is a little low, but other than that, Nice find! I mean.. If you play in a semi-low lit area, you'll have no problems. And even if there's sun shining in, it probably won't be a problem. If you ask me, its a nice monitor. I'm just not a fan of the wide's :wink:

It has a nice response time of 5 ms, which is good. For a gamer, as long as you stay under 12ms, you're doing ok. (ms= mili seconds). If that number is too high, you may have a 'ghosting' effect. Almost like a blur. Hope this helps. :wink:

PS (for regis). How do you change your links? Such as, you named your link, instead of having this mess: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... pr1c3watch
I was just wondering how you did that :oops:
Last edited by mujo on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:44 am

[quote="mujo";p="1990"]
PS (for regis). How do you change your links? Such as, you named your link, instead of having this mess: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... pr1c3watch

I was just wondering how you did that :oops:[/quote]

There's a URL link creator on the 4th row, 2nd icon from left (globe with chain link on top) on the post editor page. You can use that to have it prompt you for the URL and the visible link name.

Otherwise, you can use the phpBB scripting code to insert it manually like this:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009091&ATT=24-009-091]Acer Monitor[/url]

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:57 pm

hey i dont get a shost effect mine is 30ms, but i want to go to a 3ms refresh i found for $100, off my comp friend
Eat all the tacos!

DaKon
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: LCD Monitor

Post by DaKon » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:42 pm

Looks good for about 185.00. Just I am not sure who the maker is of the LCD is. Also, what are you going to be using this for and what is your price range. If you can afford 20.1 in go for it by all means. Brighter picture and smaller dot pitche = better picture.

Realize that with 19" screens, manufactures are doning a trick to get the ultra low response time (2-5ms). They drop the amount of colours the monitor can run from 16.7 million to 16.2 millions. Belive it or not, this will lower the reponse time from grey to grey due to the fact there are less colours to do.

I am a big fan of BenQ lcds.

Mike
Villun
Villun

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:16 pm

[quote="DaKon";p="2324"]Looks good for about 185.00. Just I am not sure who the maker is of the LCD is. Also, what are you going to be using this for and what is your price range. If you can afford 20.1 in go for it by all means. Brighter picture and smaller dot pitche = better picture.

Realize that with 19" screens, manufactures are doning a trick to get the ultra low response time (2-5ms). They drop the amount of colours the monitor can run from 16.7 million to 16.2 millions. Belive it or not, this will lower the reponse time from grey to grey due to the fact there are less colours to do.

I am a big fan of BenQ lcds.[/quote]

That's kinda weird considering there's no standardised way of testing the response time.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:58 pm

Sgt Bull here, good to be back. Had to logon under old alias until Bull get's fixed!

Anyway, I picked up one of these jewels, and I'm plum tickled! Who said it ain't bright?
sheesh, had to go find my old sunglasses until I found out how to crank it down a
notch or two.

It's fast. It's simple to set up. it cost me 219. from CompUSA and I had it in two days after
I ordered it. NO dead pixels.

Now if I can just get my friggin' DSL speed back up to snuff, 'ole Sarge is gonna kick some butt.

Now get down and give me 20! :evil:

Bull

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:36 pm

as a response for mujo.quoting is also a very similar format

Code: Select all