loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: To Zune or not to Zune

Post by loka » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:25 pm

There is too many laws under the foreign commerce which the government regulates and changes the laws almost everyday thanks to rapid growth of technology. Because of this there are too many laws that overlap and eventually make no sense. Because of this you don't see the RIAA going after people as much anymore. It's just something that cannot be regulated thoroughly.
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

Mike
Villun
Villun

Post by Mike » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:41 pm

I read the other day that they're getting rid of the DRM on urge. Those pay to download music services are garbade anyway, you're paying for a cd but you're getting music files with DRM and a poor bitrate.

I plan on getting a cowon Q5 when it comes out, 5" touch screen, windows CE and all the possible applications for it, fm radio and recording, line in audio and composite video recording, component and composite video out, recognition of ever audio and video codec under the sun, wifi, bluetooth, usb host, 7 hours video playback, and an optional $200 GPS package with it. It'll be $500 for the 30gb version and $550 for the 60gb. It's a lot more worth it than an ipod if you have use for watching movies and going online with it. I'll still probably wait for a price drop though. the A2 dropped about $150 after a year so this will probably have a decent price drop too.

Willie Busserhimen
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Willie Busserhimen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55 am

whytf do you need to go online with an mp3 player
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.

Willie Busserhimen
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Willie Busserhimen » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:03 am

I'm too lazy to respond to all of llamas stuff, so in short...

I never said napster=kazaa, etc.

and the difference between legal and illegal is basically any mix cd or cd copy you make FOR YOURSELF containing songs that YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND OWN is legal. But... buying tracks and burning them for all your buddies, moms, dads or girlfriends OR playing them for public display OR using them in movies/commercials is technically Illegal.

but its illegal like speeding on the highway... pretty much only if you get caught. You are most likely to get nailed if you USE songs without licensing or getting written consent from the publisher.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.