Support Run Event?

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
Raven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Support Run Event?

Post by Raven » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Was sitting here thinking about my css communities events and stuff and we were holding a Last Man Standing Competition witch like cash prizes and what not and was curious if this would be available on TV? I was thinking a DOD:S one perhaps to try and promote the DOD:S server since I rarely see anybody in it.

If interested i had some good prize thoughts:

To keep it in a kind of friendly and not all competition i figured do 3 winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd)

1st Prize:
Three Month Gold Sub.scription

2nd Prize:
Three Month Silver Sub.scription

and if dog/stutter are willing to work with me on this one:
One Month Silver Sub.scription (that way user has reserved slot and doesnt have same as 2nd place)

Of course since its my idea I do not expect The Ville to give these prizes away I will gladly pay for all of them its not a porblem.

Just thinking out loud so let me know if interested yah?

Thanks,
Randy

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:47 pm

1337 pwning is kinda not really accepted as it hinders new members from arriving.

as for focusing on DODS i am all for that one

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:59 pm

[quote="mr_s";p="184127"]1337 pwning is kinda not really accepted as it hinders new members from arriving.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but.... WHAT?!?!

Raven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raven » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Guardian from what i can understand about his post is that he likes the idea but thinks it might be a bad idea cause of new players not wanting competition like that.
[align=center][img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4024/xraven.png[/img][/align]

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Ok..... I still don't see it see it is a concern if we hand out gold supporter status for the winner of meleemania or something. I mean you get a belt that you show off in your sig in meleemania, if that doesn't cause people to act like elitist pricks that nothing will.

Either way it's Dog/shutter's call, I mean this site needs to make money.

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Support Run Event?

Post by sgt stutter » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:52 pm

[quote="Raven";p="184126"]Was sitting here thinking about my css communities events and stuff and we were holding a Last Man Standing Competition witch like cash prizes and what not and was curious if this would be available on TV? I was thinking a DOD:S one perhaps to try and promote the DOD:S server since I rarely see anybody in it.

If interested i had some good prize thoughts:

To keep it in a kind of friendly and not all competition i figured do 3 winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd)

1st Prize:
Three Month Gold Sub.scription

2nd Prize:
Three Month Silver Sub.scription

and if dog/stutter are willing to work with me on this one:
One Month Silver Sub.scription (that way user has reserved slot and doesnt have same as 2nd place)

Of course since its my idea I do not expect The Ville to give these prizes away I will gladly pay for all of them its not a porblem.

Just thinking out loud so let me know if interested yah?

Thanks,
Randy[/quote]

Thanks Randy, I've brought your event idea up to the events committee, I do like the DoD:s type event idea. I’ll let you know what they think and will have them contact you as well if it develops into an event here at the Ville.

I don't have an issue with giving prizes away we have done that in the past with the Kill the Carpe event. We chipped in with Carpe for some of the costs for the prizes.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

Raven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raven » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Alright thanks stutter.

Cheers
[align=center][img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4024/xraven.png[/img][/align]