Joining guilds

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:32 pm

[quote="arfy4";p="166632"]Supporters and admins have the crazy five lights that go crazy and scroll across the screen.[/quote]

if you go to the home page and look to see who is online, or just click memberlist, you can find a veritable plethora of colored lights.

EDIT: ok alot of the lights are gray, but it'll explain what means what.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 pm

So in TVR anyone can nominate anyone and then it gets approved and they can join?

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:25 am

Yes, TVR generally chooses 2 people per month, although we've gone on a recruiting spree over the past 3-4 months so I'm not sure TVR still plans on 2 per month from here on out. Generally TVR members are on a consensus with who they want to nominate.

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 pm

[quote="Araris";p="166656"]Yes, TVR generally chooses 2 people per month, although we've gone on a recruiting spree over the past 3-4 months so I'm not sure TVR still plans on 2 per month from here on out. Generally TVR members are on a consensus with who they want to nominate.[/quote] :o
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:50 pm

For TVB you have to write a 100 page essay using only 100 words on how you would tend to the goat pens. Also the paper must be in 12 point font, and single spaced.

Once we have gone over your essay we will deside if you are ready to go through the trial of horror. If we like what we see in the trial we will then schedule an interview with you. We use the cable company policy of anytime between 8am and 6pm. If you do not show up we refer you to TVR.

Not too hard really.
Last edited by MasterChef on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nacho207
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by nacho207 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm

[quote="MasterChef";p="166782"]
For TVB you have to write a 100 page essay using only 100 words on how you would tend to the goat pens. Also the paper must be in 12 point font, and single spaced.

Once we have gone over your essay we will deside if you are ready to go through the trial of horror. If we like what we see in the trial we will then schedule an interview with you. We use the cable company policy of anytime between 8am and 6pm. If you dod not show up we refer you to TVR.

Not too hard really.
[/quote]

I still can't believe how I finished that...
[img]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/nacho207/nacho_pyrowitch.jpg[/img]
That is NACHO cheese!
[url=http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/pc/Nacho207][img]http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean1/pc/Nacho207.png[/img][/url]

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 pm

[quote="Araris";p="166656"]Yes, TVR generally chooses 2 people per month, although we've gone on a recruiting spree over the past 3-4 months so I'm not sure TVR still plans on 2 per month from here on out. Generally TVR members are on a consensus with who they want to nominate.[/quote]

Consensus is not a requirement though. The decision is entirely up to TVR leadership. Members can only recommend or nominate or mention candidates.

Having a dozen or so TVR members recommending a candidate couldn't hurt though.

Quemapueblos
New Villun
New Villun

Re: Joining guilds

Post by Quemapueblos » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Ah well I was always wondering how the guild recruit thing worked. I'll get right on that essay..... and we can you photos for reference right?
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/35971_random.png[/img]

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 pm

[quote="mr_s";p="166608"][quote="Araris";p="166177"]
It's by invite only, usually depends on your activity on the forums, and how much you play on Ville servers. Some people only wait 2-3 months before an invite, some people have waited 10+months before being guilded.
[/quote]

or in my case 1.5 years :D

like every1 said, hang in there, and you are bound to get into one of them[/quote]

DJ George/Blackhawk was an admin here for years before he got invited to TVB. :wink:

I think he just got inadvertently missed somehow.

If you feel slighted because you haven't been invited to a guild yet, just remember George. :P
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:54 pm

[quote="MasterChef";p="166782"]For TVB you have to write a 100 page essay using only 100 words on how you would tend to the goat pens. Also the paper must be in 12 point font, and single spaced.

Once we have gone over your essay we will deside if you are ready to go through the trial of horror. If we like what we see in the trial we will then schedule an interview with you. We use the cable company policy of anytime between 8am and 6pm. If you do not show up we refer you to TVR.

Not too hard really.[/quote]

:D

Actually, TVB has a separate team of recruitment advisors who keeps an eye out for exemplary people, and when the time comes to add new meat members to the goat pens, the advisors decide on a few names, then they and the rest of TVB vote on the person (or people, if accepting more than one) who will be extended an invitation.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:28 pm

[quote="arfy4";p="166620"]Who are the people who have the authority to invite people to join a guild?[/quote]

Each guild is run differently. Honestly, that type of info isn't really important until you are in a guild as we are all invite only. In the most general terms, every member of a guild has a voice in who joins. <TVB> is currently not recruiting, but we are always watching.

[quote="arfy4";p="166620"]Does each group have an owner or something?[/quote]

Quickest way to find out is to go here: Usergroups
Under "Non-member groups" select any guild's "leadership" from the drop down menu. There you will see a list of each guild's leaders. Or you can always look to the left :icon_arrow_l: guild leaders have a leadership icon.

[quote="arfy4";p="166620"]Are all admins supporters before they become admins?[/quote]

No. While it certainly doesn't hurt one's chances, it is by no means a requirement or stepping stool to adminship.
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:49 am

Another requirement to joining TVB is changing TYO's footbaths.

machinegunkelly
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by machinegunkelly » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 am

Wow guys this is really helpful.....thanks guys

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 am

If you're into feeling like part of a club and letting everyone know you're a reg and love the Ville, I highly recommend supporting and using the V$ tag in-game.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:37 pm

[quote="machinegunkelly";p="166944"]Wow guys this is really helpful.....thanks guys[/quote] :)
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking