XP TF2 Problems

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
XxOtaruxX
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

XP TF2 Problems

Post by XxOtaruxX » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:59 am

Okok. So when I am playing in windows 7, I have absolutely no problems playing tf2, however, when I go back to XP I will play for roughly 15 minutes, then TF2 will just lock up. I think, ok, IO will just restart it. So after that, I go back in to play, and about 3-5 minutes laters I get a message saying that I couldn't connect to VAC or something of the sort. Gizanked told me when I disappear it says something to the effect of "no steam ID". He also told me to try deleting the file clientregistry.blob, and after doing that and restarting, I will not get the VAC error, but it will lock up again after 15 minutes of play, then give me that error after I restart the game. I went through the steam troubleshooting, but all of the things it says don't apply, since I am not running any software that will interfere with play, and since I can play on 7, I can rule out router/firewall issues.

Any ideas?

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:15 am

throw out some more system specs for them too... he's got a fairly decent computer.

oh, and it keeps saying " no steam log-on"
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:26 am

stick with win7 perhaps?

xp is getting old

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: XP TF2 Problems

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:38 am

have you tried deleting clientregistry.blob? with steam closed? That usually fixes log on errors for me.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

XxOtaruxX
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by XxOtaruxX » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:21 am

[quote="Clay Pigeon";p="164621"]
have you tried deleting clientregistry.blob? with steam closed? That usually fixes log on errors for me.
[/quote]
I believe I have. I did before and after closing steam.

[quote="mr_s";p="164618"]
stick with win7 perhaps?

xp is getting old
[/quote]

Hah, yea. I want to stick with 7, and honestly love it. I plan to get it when the release the final release, but until then, I think my current version expires in a few months, although I hear they are going to release a release candidate within the next month or two that will be valid until sometime in 2010.

[quote="Gizanked";p="164616"]
throw out some more system specs for them too... he's got a fairly decent computer.

oh, and it keeps saying " no steam log-on"
[/quote]

Specs include
ASUS m4a78-E motherboard
AMD Phenom II 920
4 gb (2x2) Kingston DDR2 ram
Sapphire Radeon HD4870 with 1 gig onboard memory
Running XP SP3 32 bit and Windows 7 build 7057 64 bit
1 TB WB Caviar drive

should be all that is needed, I think. If I forgot anything, let me know.
I'm Saw-rry!