Medic types (or levels for you RPG fans)

Here you will find the queries of our honored Ville residents and the helpful responses.
barcode
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by barcode » Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 pm

The way of sawmurai... nuf said

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Medic types (or levels for you RPG fans)

Post by Soltan » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14 pm

I sometimes get accused of hax while playing medic. My standard response is that yes I use a secret medic hax; it's guaranteed to give me a KPD < 1.

I think my current ubersaw to blutsauger kill ratio is 12:1 so I clearly follow the way of the sawmurai.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Fri May 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Note to all medics:

If you have crits and you see MR.S in your team, and he just so happens to play demo, ask him if he wants uber.

happiness guaranteed

Spectral Fire
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: SpectralFire
Blizzard tag: Spectralfire#1425

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Spectral Fire » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 pm

[quote="Nick Mame";p="175840"]
I want to heal your teams!

It's almost impossible to gauge the skill of a medic unless it's one of your main classes. A lot of the time, the skilled medics who keep an entire team of players alive by themselves get more grief than praise since it's a real pain healing 10 combat classes alone. Meanwhile, the average medics who keep one player alive from their pocket get a lot of praise for doing little more than playing a game of follow the leader.

Where a third of the players out there will recognize a skilled combat class... I would say maybe a hundredth of them recognize a good medic. If you want to be acknowledged by (but not necessarily a credit to) your team, play sniper. If you get good, you'll be called a hacker so many times that most people will know you.
[/quote]

I tend to be an intermediate Medic.
And I agree with Nick, "A lot of the time, the skilled medics who keep an entire team of players alive by themselves get more grief than praise since it's a real pain healing 10 combat classes alone."
For some reason I do alot of this.
As well as this "Where a third of the players out there will recognize a skilled combat class... I would say maybe a hundredth of them recognize a good medic."
I rarely ever get acknoledged or have ever heard any other medic acknowledged. But it is nice to hear you are worth 2-3 "basic" medics. (In Soltan terms)
Friends made are never forgotten. Even if we grow apart or move on from this life, the fun times we spent together was all worth it.

Limpy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Limpy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:53 pm

I consider myself to be a decent medic, somewhat to the detriment of the skill on my other classes. I'll let my teammates decide what skill level they'll label me at.

My thought for medic is that the most damage I can do is to keep those 10 attack classes as close to the front as long as possible.

I mostly use the Blutsauger, it is a Pyro's worst nightmare and can make a group of opponents disperse in some strange fits of terror (why they do not simply attack I do not understand).

A good medic must communicate for which they are generally under-appreciated (yes we sound like an annoyance at times). Know where you are, look everywhere for potential problems (you are the eyes on the back of everyone on the team). Communicate these threats and opportunities to the team. Your patient has a much more narrow view of his opponents, tell him when he is being flanked while using his fat behind as a shield. Beware that he is a great shield only when you are pretty confident you are not being flanked yourself. When healing any other classes, move, move more, then move more, as erratically as possible.

Needles are awesome, and there is something about charging an uber off a heavy with the ubersaw that makes me cackle hysterically... but remember that the goal is to keep others alive... rockets, stickies, shotguns, pipes, mingun bullets. flames and everything else are all your primary weapons whn you are healing.

Finally... heal everyone! Do not stay with that heavy, look who's hurt, who needs a boost to rocket or sticky jump, Who just let that crit rocket go (heal that soldier and see how your scores fly up when that crit leaves a pool of blood and gibs). Healing more people will get you higher scores, faster ubers, and more wins.

lol... I am rambling, just love medics :)
[img]http://capitaltechmd.com/files/medich2o.jpg[/img]

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:47 pm

[quote="Limpy";p="192074"]
Needles are awesome, and there is something about charging an uber off a heavy with the ubersaw that makes me cackle hysterically... but remember that the goal is to keep others alive... rockets, stickies, shotguns, pipes, mingun bullets. flames and everything else are all your primary weapons whn you are healing.
[/quote]

Everyone, listen to this great man!

Spectral Fire
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: SpectralFire
Blizzard tag: Spectralfire#1425

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Spectral Fire » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:38 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="192081"]
[quote="Limpy";p="192074"]
[/quote]

I must agree i have recently started being more aggressive and getting ubersaw kills when my patient dies. It is satisfying.

Everyone, listen to this great man!
[/quote]
Friends made are never forgotten. Even if we grow apart or move on from this life, the fun times we spent together was all worth it.