cp_indulge_b4

Removing:
cp_overdust

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:31 am

Stevo do you we really need 7 payload maps (well 6 if you don't count pl_waste)?

I love payload as much as the next guy and there are a lot of good ones in there but we should thin out the herd a little bit a get rid of a couple weak ones (like outback and maybe mill).

On a side note... I really dislike ctf_cashbah.... seriously... can we add ctf_campingtrip or ctf_aurora instead?

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:15 am

[quote="Guardian";p="192016"]blahblahblah...seriously... can we add ctf_aurora instead?[/quote]

no
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

MMX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MMX » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:52 am

I have an issue with pl_waste. its a nice map in term of level Design i love the cart. But the map layout tends to end in endless back and forth pushing of the cart. For some reason i have seen this happening now twice.

[quote="Flobee";p="192024"][quote="Guardian";p="192016"]blahblahblah...seriously... can we add ctf_aurora instead?[/quote]

no[/quote]

haha nice quote Flobee :D

[quote="Guardian";p="192016"]
On a side note... I really dislike ctf_cashbah.... seriously... can we add ctf_campingtrip or ctf_aurora instead?[/quote]

I do dislike ctf_campingtrip. But do like ctf_cashbah.
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/monorail_sig.jpg[/img]
- [url=http://tinyurl.com/ykkat36]Mechanical Mathematics Xenomorph[/url]
- local time zone: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time]CET[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+1), [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time]DST[/url]: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEST]CEST[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+2)
- Signatures: [url=http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/dodcup08/vov_sig_mmx.png]TheVille DoD Cup '08[/url]

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 am

[quote="MMX";p="192032"]I have an issue with pl_waste. its a nice map in term of level Design i love the cart. But the map layout tends to end in endless back and forth pushing of the cart. For some reason i have seen this happening now twice.[/quote]

I also don't particularly like the Payload version of Waste. I've found it a bit too stalematey for my tastes.
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:45 am

I agree with Flobee, I've only given it one shot in final form but the 5CP version is much better, IMHO.

Casbah is bad bad bad. Aurora is somehow better but I still don't ever want to play it again.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:12 am

[quote="Guardian";p="192016"]Stevo do you we really need 7 payload maps (well 6 if you don't count pl_waste)?[/quote]
If it's a good map, then it stays. We don't need to be removing maps just to fit an arbitrary quota of map types.

pl_waste does seem to be a server downer, and the other versions aren't much better. So it doesn't look good for Waste. We'll give ctf_casbah3_b4 some more time and shorten the round limit since it seems to run long.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:38 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="192016"]
Stevo do you we really need 7 payload maps (well 6 if you don't count pl_waste)?

I love payload as much as the next guy and there are a lot of good ones in there but we should thin out the herd a little bit a get rid of a couple weak ones (like outback and maybe mill).

On a side note... I really dislike ctf_cashbah.... seriously... can we add ctf_campingtrip or ctf_aurora instead?
[/quote]Quotas for map type are a very bad thing. We want maps that are popular, and while we do aim for a variety, there will be times where one map type may have more choices than another.

People seems to have very strong opinions on campingtrip and aurora, so I don't think we'll be looking at adding those anytime soon. CTF maps will always be the unpopular children, so let's just try and work on tweaking the settings to give it a chance first before we look at anything else.

pl_waste I was against since day one, so it makes me happy that no one else likes it :P. We can look at adding the 5CP version for a bit, especially if we want to look at giving a break from freight.

Carrying on from the other topic to create some unity:[quote="Guardian";p="192015"]
How it still attracts followers even today from everyone from the 32 player spamfests of beyond to the mightly comp battles of 6v6. In leagues it is even more popular then the stock maps cp_well and cp_slowlane cp_fastlane.

Now cp_freight remains a last defense against the dominance of the overload of payload maps (seriously stevo how many payload maps did you have to add...) and remains as one of 2 5-point maps.
[/quote]Variety is important in a custom server, and if freight is being picked fairly consistently, then I think that looking at taking it off, even just for a short time, is a justified idea (At least in my mind - this is something that all of us overseeing the server would have to agree on). We can certainly look at adding another CP map or two to the mix if we decide to go that way.

As well, I should mention now that starting hopefully this week (Depending on whether we get the maps uploaded or not, we may push it back a week too), we'll be using Circus nights as the chance for the community to test out new maps we hope to add to TV2 as well. That way, before we take a chance on throwing a map into the rotation, we can have people try it out and give it a "Yay" or "Nay".
I am the 1%!

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:13 pm

Wait, why would we drop the consistently most popular map on the server? Occasionally someone posts 'Dustbowl, so sick of!' and the response is - get over it, it's popular and people want to play it, it isn't going anywhere. And that's exactly what the answer should be.
Sure, Guardian's arguments are a little hyperbolic but it is true, Freight_Final is easily the best rated map we have on TV2. Why take a double standard here? Isn't the point here to try and create a customs server people want to play on - the way to achieve that is to take off the unpopular map and replace them with new maps, not take off the ones people actually like.

Unrelatedly, boo on Wednesdays, the one night a week I absolutely cannot game!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Bear in mind what I said was simply my opinion on the matter. I in no way speak for a majority, just as how I would do it. To remove it or anything is a group decision from all of us overseeing the operations on TV2 now, so don't treat anything I say seriously.
I am the 1%!

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Don't worry, Masa, I'm just stating my opinion so it's out there as well.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TV2 Custom Maps

Post by Supreveio » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Indulge is version B5 now.

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8471

BETA 5 CHANGES/FIXES:
-Moved the medium hp at mid slightly closer to the middle
-Middle building has windows on the sides now so excessive flanking options aren't as widespread, players can see when someone is coming better
-Middle side buildings have gained some transparent windows as well
-CP2-3 connector building has a narrower path and a key arrow sign was added to help directions, this helps FPS and defines the area better
-Fixed up some clipping
-Optimized CP3 some more
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:44 pm

If your going to remove the pl version of waste can we readd the cp version? I really liked that version of the map.

Also I think we all know there is only 1 ctf custom map that could go on the server and be relatively popular.... but I don't like it.... even though I know it's the only ctf map some people like.... it's ctf_MMmmmAaaaac... O GOD I CAN'T SPEAK IT'S NAME.

It starts with an m and ends with a 4. I can't say anymore...

Either way I really dislike cashbah.....

Archon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Archon » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:21 pm

dead ringer spies have ruined that map anyhow
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 pm

How exactly can dead ringer spies ruin that map.....