New L4D/2 Campaign "The Sacrifice"

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: New L4D/2 Campaign "The Sacrifice"

Post by Plinko » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:42 pm

gator wrote:
TheCarpe wrote:. Scavenging and searching rooms for goodies is gonna be strategically advantageous for more than one reason :)
Not necessarily, unless the spawn timers decrease drastically (i..e under 9 seconds). For rushing teams, it might necessitate checking 2-3 more rooms per map, but I'm guessing that teams who choose to exhaustively search every room in a map will still find themselves at a disadvantage.
I wonder what mechanism it works on, I would guess it just scales based on map progress vs. time and reduces SI spawn timers, not that it's trying to track how much exploring you're doing.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Stevo wrote:
metacide wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
Guys have both X and Y chromosones, so could pass along the gene to both offspring.
VIEW CONTENT:
But if it's a gene on the father's side, then it is on the Y chromosome. Only males inherit the Y chromosome, so it doesn't really make sense that Zoe is immune.
VIEW CONTENT:
It could be in both chromosones, but only able to be passed on by males. It's a game, leave it alone.

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Plinko wrote:
gator wrote:
TheCarpe wrote:. Scavenging and searching rooms for goodies is gonna be strategically advantageous for more than one reason :)
Not necessarily, unless the spawn timers decrease drastically (i..e under 9 seconds). For rushing teams, it might necessitate checking 2-3 more rooms per map, but I'm guessing that teams who choose to exhaustively search every room in a map will still find themselves at a disadvantage.
I wonder what mechanism it works on, I would guess it just scales based on map progress vs. time and reduces SI spawn timers, not that it's trying to track how much exploring you're doing.
Yeah, I'd guess the former. When I mentioned the 2-3 additional room checks, I meant it as a result of more SI spawns/damage inflicted causing rush teams to be at lower health more often and having to look for health items; not that teams would simply do a little more exploration as some sort of way to try and get around the lower spawn timers.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 pm

metacide wrote:
Stevo wrote:
metacide wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
Guys have both X and Y chromosones, so could pass along the gene to both offspring.
VIEW CONTENT:
But if it's a gene on the father's side, then it is on the Y chromosome. Only males inherit the Y chromosome, so it doesn't really make sense that Zoe is immune.
VIEW CONTENT:
It could be in both chromosones, but only able to be passed on by males. It's a game, leave it alone.
VIEW CONTENT:
You're a game!