Fire or explosive ammo?

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!

Fire or explosive ammo?

Incendiary
48%
Explosive
52%

Total votes: 21

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Fire or explosive ammo?

Post by l3eeron » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm

So I ask you, my fellow zombie killer.
When you're faced with the choice, which do you prefer?

I like the explosive ammo. Main reason is, I like how it has knock on the special infected, and it cuts through the common like butter. :D
The fire ammo doesn't seem to kill fast enough for me. Although the fire ammo is better for long-range against a tank....

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Fire or explosive ammo?

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Explosive not only makes special infected stumble, but it also does splash damage that can take out a clustered group of zombies. However, when faced with a tank fire ammo can light it on fire for a little bit which is good. But facing a tank is a lot less often than special infected... so... explosive!

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Put me down for fire.

Explosive ammo just has too many drawbacks for my liking. I actually prefer to kill SI rather than stumble them. If you just knock them off of a target with explosive ammo, their timer gets reset and they can usually redo their attack. I've been surprised many times that a Jockey gets 3-4 rides, and it's usually because of explosive ammo. At least if you melee them off, their timer does not reset.

Also, explosive ammo causes friendly fire and I hate friendly fire. :)

It does serve a purpose though, and if you need to take out a witch that is in the middle of an event spot from a distance, or say right outside of a saferoom in Dark Carnival, an explosive sniper will usually almost kill her before she is even startled. Figure that one out.

It could be I just like setting stuff on fire. Fire. Fire. Fire. BURRRRRN.

Ahem.

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Explosive for sure. Unless I'm up against a tank, in which case fire ammo wins.

Also, I think flaming zombies should catch survivors on fire. It'd be more realistic. But then again it's hard to complain about a lack of realism in a game where you're killing hordes of the undead...

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Technically, they aren't undead.

"Left 4 Dead begins in Pennsylvania, following an outbreak of so-called "Green Flu", a highly transmittable virus which manifests itself as massively increased aggression and the loss of many higher brain functions within its victim." - wikipedia.org

Hence why everything is referred to as Infected, not zombies. :)

Think of the disease as super rabies. That makes you want to eat brains or something.

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 pm

frostdillicus wrote:Technically, they aren't undead.

"Left 4 Dead begins in Pennsylvania, following an outbreak of so-called "Green Flu", a highly transmittable virus which manifests itself as massively increased aggression and the loss of many higher brain functions within its victim." - wikipedia.org

Hence why everything is referred to as Infected, not zombies. :)

Think of the disease as super rabies. That makes you want to eat brains or something.
I think my previous statement is still valid :roll:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 pm

I prefer fire ammo. Frag causes a lot of friendly fire/self injury issues for me, given my love of wading in to piles of zombies at point blank, and for blasting a little too close to my comrades. Also, I love being able to light up SI at range and keep track of them, plus it allows me to get an afterburn kill and self-rescue, even if they incap me, which sometimes is very valuable. Finally, I also just love burning zombies - they make me happy! The fact that commons instantly cease attacking/locking and stagger away screaming, allowing me to run away laughing, is great.
-Boss Llama