How do I shot Cake?

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

How do I shot Cake?

Post by BETTEH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm

So I enjoy playing L4D2 here with villuns and I thought i would just throw a few things out there since i've been seeing some new faces. After the initial two links most of what you are about to read is my own personal opinions and ideas with the game. I left out much, but it is just hard to think of everything (obviously). I hope this helps!

~~~~~~~~~~
The first thing I will share is a link, here is a comprehensive list of damage, modifiers, HP, ticks and such

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1013160

Get to know your weapons, damage > aesthetics.

Damage Versus tanks (taken from Shadyjanes post, also very important information!)

http://i.imgur.com/vZReb.jpg

I know what your thinking, ok betteh i looked at the charts but i still don't see instructions on how to bake a pretty cake, well my good sir, now that you know how much damage you are doing with your favorite toys let's think about a few things regarding zombie killin'

Things to remember while playing Survivors-
1) Take corners wide - self explanatory
2) Always be aware of objects and choke points
3) Keep track of how many special infected you have killed (keep there respawn timer in your head)
4) Roofs, roofs, roofs. People like to spawn on them, be wary of them! TRUST NO ROOF!
5) Listen. Can not emphasize this enough. Special infected make noise, pay attention!
6) Don't be stingy with your ammo. You think thats a boomer behind that PENETRABLE WALL? What are you waiting for?!
7) Stay TOGETHER, nothing warms my heart more as infected to see 3 survivors running off leaving the guy in the back in red health "Hold on, im healing."
8) Inventory. You should be aware of what each of your teammates are carrying, diversify your grenades, molly, bile.
9) Full health and you see an extra health kit? Leave it.
10) Sh^$storm waiting for you up a ladder? Send one man up to take the brunt, eliminate the enemies and pick him up.
11) Use the maps items to your advantage, most of the first maps in campaings are just marathons you want to run through. Later maps have hidden goodies for the tanks and witches you will encounter, don't be afraid to look around but remember rule #7
12) TAAAAANNNNKKKK, want to dance? The big blubbering idiot isn't extremely mobile, dance him around tables, objects, hell around himself even. Remember he can re-direct the rock throw up until it leaves his hands, so if he stops to toss wait until its airborne and change direction.
13) 2 down 2 up. For many of you that play with me you know i love this method. For sewer holes and drop points on different maps we drop 2 players down and the next to move to the hole as if to drop to force jockey / smoker spawns. If they appear to snag you kill them quickly then drop and rejoin your teammates.
14) Chargers down my hall? How about some garbage bags to slow you down! That's right, if you haven't been paying attention down most halls and corridors there are black trash bags on the left (for whatever reason). Start jogging down the hall like a helpless victim, when you hear his moan (or see him) jump on the garbage bag and pump him full of lead. (ensure teammates are aware of your moves otherwise they will get LoLcharged)
15) Adrenaline is your friend, use it like a junkie to pickup your partners, pour cans, run like a maniac, or hit like McGwire (yeah i went there).
16) Crouch! Improve accuracy! If a player is behind and been recently incapped, crouch, fire off bursts, knock em off so they can rejoin you! Your not Rambo, and sometimes it's important to conserve ammo. Crouch ---> Burst

Ok well thats all i got on the top of my head for survivors, some infected tips~

1) You are not a one man army, stop attacking by yourself.
2) Increase damage with combo attacks, charge + spit, hunter + spit, jockey + spit, boomer + spit (when the survivors are surrounded by zombies after a boom they are very easily spit on and incapable of moving due to zombies surrounding them)
3) Incap players doesn't require you to kill them. Use ledges, windows, edges, docks. Whatever is near you, use to your advantage for a quick incap.
4) Be aware of your loud @ss. You make noise, and a lot of it. I would advise as most classes (ESPECIALLY BOOMER LOL) wait until the last possible moment so spawn to ensure longevity.
5) Your boomer has multiple uses. Sit on a corner and pre-vomit so survivors run into it, rain on them from above and out of sight, or just use yourself as a giant vomit grenade and jump right into the mix clawing at them with your furious rage.
6) Crouching behind an object and get killed? HOW DID THEY SEE ME? CHEATERS?!!!1 Not really, Smokers have a large cloud of crap floating around them visible a great distance away, spitters trail there green ooze on the ground as they run. Chargers, Hunters, Jockeys, and Boomers are just loud as hell. So remember to spawn as late as possible, and avoid penetrable walls for trigger happy gamers like THE MAYOR OF CAKE LAND.
7) Lead that target! Remember the charger isn't a bullet, its a slow moving blob of meat and muscle. You need to time your charge as best as possible and help the wonky game works out for ya!
8) Lend em a hand buddy! Remember that incapping multiple players will result in maximum damage to all players (durrr). So when that boomer detonates start by grabbing players that are NOT AFFECTED by the boom. After which begin taking out the other teams better players (more experienced etc). Play it dirty, play it to win baby.
9) Most maps have great points of attack such as (off the top of my head again here)
Dead Center Hotel ~ As players traverse across the ledge a smoker can spawn UNDERNEATH the ledge and smoke players off the building, as well as other classes running players out of windows and off ledges.
Parish ~ The initial spawn point is a fantastic attack point, if you can hit them early enough (or jockey a player back INTO spawn) a charger can run from the courtyard and charge the wooden ramp and knock players into the water with the charge.
Dark Carnival ~ Charger down the initial roller coaster ramp, but even more annoying, well placed smokers on the ground to pull off players so they have to run around to get back up (pretty much killing them).
I know theres lots more but that can come at a later time!
10) Remember to communicate who you will be attacking, if someone is smoked and then immediately huntered the broken tongue takes awhile to reset so they can attack another players. Coordinate your attacks!
11) Spitter die, CHARGER FLY! On a few maps the occasion calls for a Charger down the stairs, or down an alley, or in the sewers etc. I have found a great strategy to be a spitter, spit on the location they must drop, then as i die i have created a large path of acid through which they MUST proceed to escape it, and as they kill me there is a charger in the not to distance behind me that flies down and flings them all back into the spit. LOTS OF DAMAGE!

The most important rule for playing either survivor or infected is to remember that you are playing with VILLUNS, so have FUN, its a GAME!

If there's any questions or comments you know how to reach me, I always look forward to playing with you guys. Add me to friends if you want to get in on games, or hit me up if you want anymore pointers!
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Bash-man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: How do I shot Cake?

Post by Bash-man » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Heed his words... he WILL shoot you through a wall. I know.

Seriously, thanks for sharing the knowledge Betteh!

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 pm

[quote="BETTEH CROCKHURR";p="221555"]5) Listen. Can not emphasize this enough. Special infected make noise, pay attention!
[/quote]

For the love of god, THIS. I tend to protect the most teammates and kill the most special infected because I LISTEN. Awareness is key. Learn to spot enemies just by their sound.

Oh, and going for the other team's best players is a viable tactic. I believe we had a "Kill BETTEH" strat the other day. :lol:

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Good tips!

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:32 am

[quote="TTHREAZ";p="221596"][quote="BETTEH CROCKHURR";p="221555"]5) Listen. Can not emphasize this enough. Special infected make noise, pay attention!
[/quote]

For the love of god, THIS. I tend to protect the most teammates and kill the most special infected because I LISTEN. Awareness is key. Learn to spot enemies just by their sound.
[/quote]

Full captioning will help with this.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:21 am

Yes, I use full caps now because it prints the sound however faint and whatever other noise is out there.

The thing that drives me the most crazy is that people don't watch their teammates as survivors. Keep them in line of sight at all times. Always be checking on the guy behind you. People get slowed up all the time a regular infected hits them, the clip an object or get turned around for a second. The Infected are WAITING for this to happen, it's your responsibility to keep everyone in sight!
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 am

Great summary for players new to the series Betteh.

I’ll make an addition or two:
For the survivors please look at #9 and #11 in tandem. If you don’t need items, or you don’t need more items, then just keep moving. Searching a room to trade your bat in for a katana is rarely worth it considering it gives the infected time to respawn and set up. If you need a moly for the tank, fine, but spending 5min looking for one gives the infected that much more time to ensure you don’t even reach the tank. I will admit this is a very subtle matter and depends largely on your team, the map, your foes, and the circumstances you find yourself in. Personally, I would almost always prefer to keep moving, AS A TEAM!

As infected don’t run leagues ahead of the survivors to try and setup the perfect ambush. The survivors may go another route or they might just be so well coordinated that your perfect ambush is still ineffective. Stick with your infected teammates instead and attack all at once, 98% of the time you’ll do more damage together than individually. The one exception being if you are trying for an insta-kill…like running a survivor off the 3rd floor of the sugar mill in HardRain 2/3.

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Great great

I listen for the specials all the time
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

[quote="dredfox";p="221622"]Full captioning will help with this.[/quote]

I have freakishly good hearing and aural awareness. :P

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 pm

ok I would like to stress the "be aware of your other team mates" because I frequently just charge one so we can get through chokepoints, and then see my team lagging behind. While i understand leaving your team behind is bad, i find it hard to believe that if i am limping, i should not be the furthers person ahead of my team.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 am

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="221785"]ok I would like to stress the "be aware of your other team mates" because I frequently just charge one so we can get through chokepoints, and then see my team lagging behind. While i understand leaving your team behind is bad, i find it hard to believe that if i am limping, i should not be the furthers person ahead of my team.[/quote]

Well you always have to be "aware" of your teammates, which is a combination of turning around and seeing them, trusting where they are, how many common infected are around them and slowing them down, communicating with them, etc. It's a skill you learn.

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:44 am

I just want to eat cake.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 am

The cake is a lie Gator. We went over this already.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 am

But... it was my birthday! Why can't i has cake