L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 am

I was disappointed that I could not dual wield my deagle brand deagles.

Also, the inability to restock ammo for the GL made me sad.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: L4D2 thoughts, reactions, etc. !!!MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!

Post by TTHREAZ » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:15 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="210279"]Another thing I've noticed is the relative lack of threat posed by witches now. It may have been because we were playing on Normal, but in our last run through Dark Carnival, we encountered at least one Witch every chapter, and it was the same basic drill: Line up a decent distance away, everyone take aim, and lay into her. More often than not she was eliminated in seconds, before she could run more than 10 feet or so. You could rarely pull that off in L4D.

Anyone else noticed this?[/quote]

I don't know what you're talking about. One of those witches was impervious to my Flying Gnome attack. :lol:

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:47 pm

just finished playing each campaign... I really enjoyed them all... now to try other types of game play... worst thing i ran into yet... 7 witches on normal on the rain level on the way to get gas... around 7000 damage on the witch counter given out between the teammates...

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:50 pm

That storm in Hard Rain is no joke. Adds a whole other level to the atmosphere of the game when you can barely see 5 feet in front of you and, I'm not certain, but I think it muffles voices if you're too far away.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Princess
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Princess » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm a big fan of the sniper rifle now. Think it works out well as long as you 'got two pistols, a good melee (axe, machete, katnna, that kinda jazz), or a magnum.

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey what game types have everyone played? I played the scavenger hunt with a few peopel earlier and it was cool can get a little loop sided. The survival is cool also with a bigger area to wonder. What does everyone else think.
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm

The nade launchers pisses me off when other people have it. The friendly fire is off the hook. I love having it with a magnum. I take out groups of common from afar then use the magnum at closer/tight spaces.
However, people seem to fail to realize you can't shoot through the person in front of you, it hurts really bad, and its not good at a zombie in front of you.

Some weapon combos I like: AK with sight (makes it very strong AND accurate), Nade launcher with magnum, or sniper rifle with melee. People fail to realize sniper rifle can go through 20 zombies and in a hallway its amazingly UBER.

Also Chaffe, the point of that area is the witches, read the walls and signs. You even get an achievement if you get through without killing any witches. Hardest part I had was a witch standing in front of the elevator. I managed to basically hug her and press the button after we waited 5 minutes for her to move. She got mad but didn't attack.

The storm on hard rain actually pisses me off. In vs its probably really mean since it removes outlines, but playing with bots suck because they wont move in the storm, they huddle up next to each other and stand still, waiting to be killed.

Speaking of hard rain, water is an interesting topic. While walking in water you move at walk speed. Playing vs on dark carnival I had to yell at people to walk out of the ravine, they couldn't realize slow walking + water = water makes you walk slow. Hard rain this is a huge effect and they give you roof paths to walk on.

BTW, how do you get stronger than moustachio? My bat couldn't do it . (

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:17 pm

I actually like the AK better than the combat rifle, the rifle takes way too long to reload while the AK takes about two seconds. You can still pick off zombies with single shots or short bursts easily with the AK.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:48 pm

HEy I have played all the Campaigns now I do like them and I played some scavenger hunt too

I like the Gl but I really like the auto sniper then that Green 3 round burst Rifle not sure what its called Dual Pistols or an AXE or a Katanna

I do wish the laser sights would switch from one weapon to the next.

the explosive Ammo is worthless the Incendiary is great though.

going advanced or Expert is going to be hard.....

-=-=-=-=-
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:02 pm

[quote="Rigges";p="210430"]HEy I have played all the Campaigns now I do like them and I played some scavenger hunt too

I like the Gl but I really like the auto sniper then that Green 3 round burst Rifle not sure what its called Dual Pistols or an AXE or a Katanna

I do wish the laser sights would switch from one weapon to the next.

the explosive Ammo is worthless the Incendiary is great though.

going advanced or Expert is going to be hard.....

-=-=-=-=-[/quote]

Explosive ammo isn't worthless, just situational. Once you've single-handedly killed a Witch because your explosive rounds couldn't let her get near you, you'll agree too ;)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Explosive rounds make special infected stumble. On expert we save a crate till we run into a situation we know we'll be fighting special infected. Also explosive ammo makes any shot on a common a kill, likewise incendiary ammo.

I suggest playing advance since on normal you can easily run through with a fast melee weapon swinging non-stop. The finales can get hard on normal if you don't take them seriously.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 am

[quote="BigBiker05";p="210422"]

BTW, how do you get stronger than moustachio? My bat couldn't do it . ([/quote]

Do what real athletes do: juice.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:55 am

I used explosive ammo on the shotgun and every shot killed all the common infected in the spread. EVERY ONE.

On another note. Scavenge mode is awesome. I had fun riding Masakari all the way up the stairs into a closet and running away as a jockey.

So much fun ^_^.

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 am

Just got to play Hard Rain.

Amazing.

Getting through the mill past all the Witch's is so much fun. The atmosphere during the backtrack with the hurricanes is just awesome. The water on the ground during the finale makes hitting a Tank with a molotov no longer a viable strategy.

Epic campaign. This one is possibly my favourite so far, even despite the unadulterated win that is the Dark Carnival concert finale.
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:53 am

I'm enjoying the game a lot even though I'm playing single player mode on advanced with bots.

I've finished Dead Center and Dark Carnival. The bots are dumb...so on the second to the last map/level on Dark Carnival, I had to ditch the gnome so I could shoot and run to the safe house while my lovely bot friends died outside. Loved the finale for Dark Carnival :D

Onto the next campaign!