L4D 2

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

L4D 2

Post by shimmybot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm supprised this hasn't been posted yet

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2552/

"June 1, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2), the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer thriller.

Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-operative action games and become one of 2009's marquee titles.

"A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008's top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games."

Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.

Introducing the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.

Featuring new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, and maps for Survival mode available at launch.

Supported by a $10+ million marketing campaign, Left 4 Dead has sold over 2.5 million retail copies since it was released in November of 2008. Left 4 Dead 2 is targeted for release on Xbox 360 and the PC on November 17, 2009, and will be launched worldwide with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign across TV, Outdoor, and Online.

"Left 4 Dead was backed by our most aggressive advertising campaign to date, and resulted in a top 5 showing on two platforms during holiday 2008," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "Left 4 Dead 2 is a larger game and will be supported with even more consumer and retail advertising programs than the original."

Left 4 Dead 2 will be featured as the cover story on PC Gamer and Official Xbox Magazines this month."

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:36 pm

I am the 1%!

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Sounds interesting even thougth it looks like we lost bill
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:41 pm

thats looking soo much better

Tarrock
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tarrock » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:44 pm

arghh beat me too it, i'll upload the picture from the my other thread over here.
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/demoteam3Tarrock.png[/img]

Tarrock
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: L4D 2

Post by Tarrock » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 pm

If you thought $50 was overpriced before, think again!

At the microsoft conference at E3 valve showed the first trailer for L4D 2. Showed off the new melee weapons, the new locations, and the new boss zombie; the charger.

Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.

Introducing the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.

Featuring new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, and maps for Survival mode available at launch.

Here's a picture of the charger

also you can find some videos at ign, this one is of the axe, along with a fight with a charger
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/ ... 52809.html
Last edited by Tarrock on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s335/TopHatDesign/demoteam3Tarrock.png[/img]

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Must say, i'm pretty excited for the sequel, looks like they improved on alot :)

Sargee
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Sargee » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 pm

thats suck why cant they just give l4d a patch instead of making a 2nd one?

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 pm

[quote="Sargee";p="176258"]
thats suck why cant they just give l4d a patch instead of making a 2nd one?
[/quote]It looks like there's enough new content in this one to make a new game justifiable. Being able to play outdoors in relatively sunny environments with what sounds like potential for the sky to get dark at anytime sounds very intriguing. I think to make everyone happy this time though they need to:

1. Have survival available at launch (They've mentioned it already)
2. Have all survival maps based on the campaign available at launch.
3. Have all versus campaigns available at launch.

Oh, and it'd be nice if they made an alternative to the lobby system so that Steam friends going down doesn't stop you from playing the game.
I am the 1%!

Aez
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Aez » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 pm

A: More money. B: More periodic content.

That said, if they were going for a periodic role, I would have preferred a less costly way to go about it. I have little doubt that I'm not going to buy L4D2 until the price goes down.

=TeZ=
Villun
Villun

Post by =TeZ= » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 pm

I was just watching that on G4 and they said you can grab stuff you find laying around the map and use it as a weapon, like Sean of the dead.
{0,o}
|)__)
-^-^- - - -TeZ-

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:55 pm

It seems like l4d was only just released...

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:01 pm

I am intrigued. But my biggest question is how Special Infected are going to be distributed to players during a Versus game.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:07 pm

also, i like how it sounds like they used the scout's baseball bat sound effect on the baseball bat in this game :D

Buzzy Beetle
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Buzzy Beetle » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

I love how the chainsaw says "HALE Pro".

[quote="=TeZ=";p="176264"]
I was just watching that on G4 and they said you can grab stuff you find laying around the map and use it as a weapon, like Sean of the dead.
[/quote]
DIBS ON THE CRICKET BAT!

[quote="Jesus_Faction";p="176266"]
It seems like l4d was only just released...
[/quote]
This also... >_>
I proudly support Independent Developers, Local Businesses, and SNAILGOSH.