l4d etiquette

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:03 pm

[quote="Devastator";p="163460"][quote="Guardian";p="163433"]What happened?[/quote]
this .... :)[/quote]

????

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: l4d etiquette

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:18 pm

A week or so ago I had a kneejerk reaction and ragequit while in a game full of Villuns. I was called on it and they had every right to be upset with me. I know it was wrong and I sincerely apologize.

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:03 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="163472"][quote="Devastator";p="163460"][quote="Guardian";p="163433"]What happened?[/quote]

????[/quote]

ok, so i believe it is the second mission on blood harvest, where you go down a lightly wooded hill and into a barn (there is a pile of cows to the right of it) Anyway, ShiftyD told us to AVOID THE BARN and NO ONE GO IN OR NEAR THE BARN OR ELSE YOU WILL BE KILLED. so everyone, but shiftyd, avoids the barn. he heads straight for it to "find pills", and promplty dies by a pounce (we were all barfed and presently busy). So hilarious, and we called him on it too, like "Uh, what was that about avoiding the barn on pain of death?" and then he said we were fired as teammates and if a real zombie apocalypse happened, we werent allowed to be at his house\zombie hideout. prolly about a 6 second round of L4D, and most definitely the funniest.

ps. this thread should have been called "Left 4 Deadiquette"

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 pm

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="163481"]ps. this thread should have been called "Left 4 Deadiquette"
[/quote]

HAHHAHAHHA LMAO
Yes I am the one who Shot the Smiley Face Target for the Lethal Weapon Movie
RIP Winnie White Sister In-law 1952 - April 22 2010 58
Norma L. White Mother 20 Dec 1930 to 27 Aug 2011 81

Lucille C. Brueshaber Mother In Law 11 July 1922 to 13 Dec 2011 89
Mrs Rigges is very sad

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:25 pm

[quote="Cpt. Winky";p="163481"][quote="Guardian";p="163472"][quote="Devastator";p="163460"][quote="Guardian";p="163433"]What happened?[/quote]

????[/quote]

ok, so i believe it is the second mission on blood harvest, where you go down a lightly wooded hill and into a barn (there is a pile of cows to the right of it) Anyway, ShiftyD told us to AVOID THE BARN and NO ONE GO IN OR NEAR THE BARN OR ELSE YOU WILL BE KILLED. so everyone, but shiftyd, avoids the barn. he heads straight for it to "find pills", and promplty dies by a pounce (we were all barfed and presently busy). So hilarious, and we called him on it too, like "Uh, what was that about avoiding the barn on pain of death?" and then he said we were fired as teammates and if a real zombie apocalypse happened, we werent allowed to be at his house\zombie hideout. prolly about a 6 second round of L4D, and most definitely the funniest.

ps. this thread should have been called "Left 4 Deadiquette"[/quote] hahaha :o i see ... :lol: :lol:
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

Thorn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Thorn » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:30 am

[quote="Grapedrink";p="163193"]If you are playing with your friends, Do not ruin the game for them by suiciding just because you are losing. Yes, it is fun to win, a large part of the fun is in winning, but a great deal of it is just playing as anyone who plays in pub games knows. So please, when you're playing with all friends show them a little respect and play the full game[/quote]

I don't think this would be as much of a problem if people valued winning each round, instead of seeing cumulative scores for the entire campaign. Even if the campaign is a failure, its always nice to try for the single round victories.

(this also means that the infected should also play seriously too, not just survivors)

XxOtaruxX
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by XxOtaruxX » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:18 am

Other Etiquette I see is that if 4 people are playin a campaign on expert and someone gets frustrated and leaves, then if you join a campaign already in pregress ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. Especially if the people playing are on the final level, try to help them win, don't just go around killing everyone for the hell of it. This happened to me on NM a few n weeks back. I ended up wasting a few hours trying to beat that on expert just to have a punk com ein and ruin it for everyone, making everyone else leave. LAMMEEE.

But yea :p

CastleDoctrine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CastleDoctrine » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 pm

[quote="XxOtaruxX";p="164608"]Other Etiquette I see is that if 4 people are playin a campaign on expert and someone gets frustrated and leaves, then if you join a campaign already in pregress ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. Especially if the people playing are on the final level, try to help them win, don't just go around killing everyone for the hell of it. This happened to me on NM a few n weeks back. I ended up wasting a few hours trying to beat that on expert just to have a punk com ein and ruin it for everyone, making everyone else leave. LAMMEEE.

But yea :p[/quote]Such is the nature of the internet and the L4D matchmaking system. You may get a team player or a horrendous team killer. :lol: :cry:

The chance of intentional friendly fire, and griefing in general, is greatly decreased when you invite players from TheVille L4D Players. One helpful hint: let MercyKari take point so you can keep an eye on him.

Post a request here to get an invite to the group.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:43 pm

so i just realized i was in the game where this happened...tbqh...i thought that you guys got smoked off the edge then hunter pounced the rest...i didnt realize it was on purpose lol
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:38 pm

OK well today some Azz hat was on and he did not talk much or at all all I know was he FFed a lot and I took most of it name JK he played and kind of stuck with the group but when it cam for us to really fight and that the group was looking to me to lead them I have 80 HP net thing I know I have 60 HP from FF then I fight a little or I get Smoked and he just lets it happen standing right next to me getting Killed then he kills the attacker and continues to FF me WTF to ward the End we had 5 restarts as coming out of the spawn I had 1 HP why team member JK took 1 Medi pack and healed him self before we went into the safe room and then took a second one Oh why was I at 1 HP FF and protecting the rest of the team including mr JK Look I stayed Polite the entire Time I did not cal him an Azz hat though I felt like it probably should have Kicked him along time ago but I did not and how restart after restart I come out of the spawn 2 HP 1 Hp no medi pack till I get to the Plane I get 1 medi pack there Oh one time he was OH at 80 HP he healed at the Plane and grabed another medi pack leaving 1 for me to heal and none left arrgge this ended up the time we finally finished the round with only one survivor umm guess who it was yep the Azz hat as the credits scrolled down I did the Vote Kick and it got 3 votes real fast LOL finally Justus.

I do not know do we as supporters get any special powers on the L4D servers??? we should like to spawn extra medi packs and Pipe bombs LOL

Well any how that is my story of Poor Etiquette in L4D

---====

Mrs Rigges is very sad

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Rigges
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rigges » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:57 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="164905"]
[/quote]

Piff I did not feel like it what your too good to read it and Imagine the Punctuation Carpee?????

I did not ask you for your comment on my spelling, or punctuation.

You are not my teacher nor do I need One.

You would be better off paying attention to me in some instances as Us Old and wheel chair bound, that I might be One day soon. I am and will always be your elder. I am not saying I may not learn some thing from you but do not try to snap on my spelling or punctuation and I will not snap on yours.

Final note this Topic is about L4D etiquette not spelling and Punctuation etiquette.

___+++

Mrs Rigges is very sad

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:08 pm

:doh:

booner
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by booner » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:02 pm

[quote="Rigges";p="164907"]Final note this Topic is about L4D etiquette not spelling and Punctuation etiquette.[/quote]
True, but I read about half of what should have been the first sentence and got a headache. So, I stopped reading. Just sayin'...

XxOtaruxX
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by XxOtaruxX » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:42 pm

[quote="CastleDoctrine";p="164854"]
[quote="XxOtaruxX";p="164608"]Other Etiquette I see is that if 4 people are playin a campaign on expert and someone gets frustrated and leaves, then if you join a campaign already in pregress ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME. Especially if the people playing are on the final level, try to help them win, don't just go around killing everyone for the hell of it. This happened to me on NM a few n weeks back. I ended up wasting a few hours trying to beat that on expert just to have a punk com ein and ruin it for everyone, making everyone else leave. LAMMEEE.

But yea :p[/quote]Such is the nature of the internet and the L4D matchmaking system. You may get a team player or a horrendous team killer. :lol: :cry:

The chance of intentional friendly fire, and griefing in general, is greatly decreased when you invite players from TheVille L4D Players. One helpful hint: let MercyKari take point so you can keep an eye on him.

Post a request here to get an invite to the group.
[/quote]

Indeed. This happens all too often. Then there was the time I played with three random strangers and we beat No Mercy on expert in under an hour. Twas amazing. Hah.
I'm Saw-rry!