anyone want real zombies?

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: anyone want real zombies?

Post by Masakari » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:46 am

This thread confuses and infuriates me.
I am the 1%!

NoodgeVader
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoodgeVader » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I don't think Zombies would be a real problem in America. We have too many Guns Nuts, NRA members, and gun toting hicks that would be happy to shoot them for us. I think Zombies would only be a problem in big liberal cities where gun ownership is restricted and population is high. Also, I think Europe and Asia would be screwed because of their gun to citizen ratio.

Still... I would like an excuse to shoot my noisy neighbors, so bring it. I'm ready for the Apocalypse right now.

Note: I think the reason a Zombie Apocalypse is so appealing to some people is that they view their current lives as being boring or confining and that the Z.A. would actually be an exciting change from the normal mediocrity of every day live. The psychological implication is that now that society has fallen I can be and do what I want, there being no authority to hinder me. Does the sound right to you? I dunno.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm

I'd agree, I'd add that once society breaks down people think of the "I can do what I want" but dont think of the "Other people can bloody well murder me and not get in trouble" which is really what Society is all about.

If I wanted free reign to do pretty much anything I wanted with little to no repercussions (aside from what other "survivors" might do to me) I would move to Somalia.

unknown
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by unknown » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 pm

why not make your own country like in new vegas like the NCR

NoodgeVader
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoodgeVader » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:57 pm

metacide wrote:I'd agree, I'd add that once society breaks down people think of the "I can do what I want" but don't think of the "Other people can bloody well murder me and not get in trouble" which is really what Society is all about.

If I wanted free reign to do pretty much anything I wanted with little to no repercussions (aside from what other "survivors" might do to me) I would move to Somalia.
I think there would be rampant looting (i.e. Katrina in New Orleans). However, as far as murders go, I think people in general would band together in small groups/families to survive longer. Sure there would be some murder, but history has shown that people/factions will often fight amongst themselves in times of national peace and security, but when faced with a foreign invader or times of national crisis the citizens join together to fight off their oppressor/invader (i.e.Greek warring states, America after 911).

Castle says my examples are non applicable. And that the outcome of a real Z.A. would be unpredictable. He may be right, people behave different when confronted with disease.

I'll tell you one thing though. I think it would be very hard to sleep at night hearing them move around outside.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Thing is Noodge, when dealing with national unity in the face of a major crisis, very few people at home are actually involved in the response. Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, OKC bombing, etc, are only on the doorsteps of very specific areas, and the responses are left to trained professionals. John and Jane public don't expect to be actively involved in mitigation, nor are they asked to be. In the event of wars, it's been even less on our doorstep, beyond what we allow in via our chosen media outlets, or family involvement overseas. Our national unity takes the form of fundraisers and flag pins.

In a theoretical zombie apocalypse, it IS on our doorstep. If every person on the street feels that it's up to them to stop the menace, America will be an obscenely unsafe place to be. That many people with guns, the sense of entitlement to use them against humanoid targets, and not a lick of sense (a problem which would be compounded by fear), would turn in to a bloodbath of epic proportions. Sure, the zombies would probably get hammered, but so would everybody else. We'd have incomprehensible casualties just from people shooting other people. I'd much rather be in one of your "big liberal cities" than in rural gun-country. Mass public use of firearms is not the only way to respond to the threat. Good civil engineering, public education, and organized/trained response teams to keep a place clean in the first place would be far safer IMO. A bunch of citizens in the street shooting everything is a sign you've already lost what you're fighting for.
-Boss Llama

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:58 pm

All I have to say is that I think High school Of The Dead got it right by giving humanity more credit than you usually see in other zombie apocalypses. HOTD depicts it as more of a uphill battle to maintain order rather than a slide into the apocalypse. Although in the end human nature and the fact that the infection cheats in that manga make it pretty much hopeless.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

DreadVile
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DreadVile » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 pm

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Nice article dread, but there are other ways of a zombie apocalypse. First it would have to be an airborn disease inorder to spread rapidly and avoid being constrained or discovered. Also, it would just have to be mentally dead zombies, not undead zombies, because yeah... decaying doesn't work too well when you're alive. But that article is right, a lot of movies won't show the beginning. But that isn't always because its not believable, it is because it is boring, you want action.

And lastly, because of the of how extreme the virus/disease whatever it is, there will have to be some people that are just immune to it. Or else it would be a real apocalypse and not a zombie survival life.

Anyways, I love the 28 weeks/month later movies. Although I think the monkey virus thing is stupid, I do love how they portray zombie survival.

DreadVile
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DreadVile » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 pm

28 weeks was awesome the build up at the end was intense. The infected with "rage" did nothing for me, but the movie was great.

I agree airborne is the only way. Biting is really limited when you move at 2 MPH.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 am

DreadVile wrote:28 weeks was awesome the build up at the end was intense. The infected with "rage" did nothing for me, but the movie was great.

I agree airborne is the only way. Biting is really limited when you move at 2 MPH.

Well I think a zombie infection would likely be "rage". You have a human body removed of thought living off of reflexes. So inorder to catch food it would have to over exhaust it's muscles. This is similar to some drugs that can cause rage and have even had offenders break off handcuffs. Of course it does major damage to the body, but wouldn't the virus/disease/whatever just try to spread as quickly as possible?

!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:31 pm

bah... i love "what would you do right now, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen" questions.. they are the best :)

but i think it depends on how or who was infected first. If it was just one person.. i think the person could be killed and contained very easily.. but if it was a large crowed of people all infected some how at once, then that would be more of a problem.

Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Checkm8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 pm

I would just plant some pea shooters and watch the zombies crumble!

ImageImage
ImageImage

NoodgeVader
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoodgeVader » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

My favorite part of DreadVile's article.

"Plus, if we look at zombies as a species, they are pretty much designed for failure. Their main form of reproduction is also their only source of food and their top predator. If they want to eat or reproduce, they have to go toe to toe with their number one predator every single time. That's like having to fight a lion every time you to want to have sex or make a sandwich."
Last edited by NoodgeVader on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Checkm8 wrote:I would just plant some pea shooters and watch the zombies crumble!

ImageImage
ImageImage

/thread
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica