Kokiri Forest in L2D2

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Kokiri Forest in L2D2

Post by Guardian » Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Kokiri Forest in L2D2

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 am

Alizee, Frosty, Bee and I just tried this. The first and second levels are fine (the second is a tad long) but when it comes to the final battle, forget it. No, seriously, forget it. It's not going to happen.

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 am

Consistently destroyed on Easy. Really terrible design on the final boss battle.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon May 02, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah, what they said. We played this last night, and it was not even funny.

Bear in mind:
1) This is the same crew that we used to successfully complete every stock campaign on expert, one per night
2) Two of the group were familiar enough with the original game that they could guide us through many of the puzzles
3) In the final boss fight, we set it to easy mode, had an ammo pile providing endless ammo, extra health kits for everybody, and several extra temp-healths and throwables.
4) We got our butts handed to us over, and over, and over, and over until we simply quit the game.
5) The video of the final level accompanying the article linked in the OP (if you watched it) is a massively modded server. They're running with at least 9 survivors in the finale, for one, and have got something that's breaking the stats to reflect kill numbers in the millions. I believe they have enhanced damage, as well. Suffice to say, it is an inaccurate reflection of the fight.

Though not really spoilery, I'll spoiler the next part, as it describes parts of the fight that masochists may want to be surprised by:
VIEW CONTENT:
For the final fight, you're trapped in a very small arena. The boss flies around in a circle, summoning SI about every 5 seconds (which are in addition to the normally spawning SI), and triggering a near-continuous horde of commons from all four walls. Tanks occur regularly. If you get close to him while he's flying, the boss fires AoE lightning death-rays, that will knock around 50% health off anybody near him. If you shoot him enough while he's flying, he'll eventually deign to drop to the ground for a second or two once every half-dozen+ rotations, though you can't get close enough to him to do anything because there will be dozens of zombies in the arena swarming you, accompanied by SI. In our case, by the time we got to this stage, the SI were accompanied by back to back to back to back tanks, 4 in a row without even a second's pause between. I believe we managed to land a blow that counted on him once over the course of all our runs, and it may no discernible impression on him or his abilties.
Last edited by Boss Llama on Mon May 02, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

Having watched a couple videos, it looks totally broken, yet incredibly fun :lol:
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon May 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Honestly, the best parts of the campaign (as is the case with most recreations) were the "I remember that" moments.

As Al said, we're a pro crew normally but got destroyed by the finale on Easy. Easy, for crying out loud.

BTW, if you'd like to try it, I uploaded it for faster speeds HERE.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Not recommended.

I wont play it again. :)

Guardian wrote:L2D2

Zombie robots?