[Custom Campaigns] 2 Evil Eyes

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

[Custom Campaigns] 2 Evil Eyes

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:34 am

Has anyone had a chance to play 2 Evil Eyes?

I played through it by myself the other day and thought it was OK. In my opinion, it's not as well made as I Hate Mountains is for L4D.

There are some interesting scripted moments and some good gauntlets to run through. It has 6 sections, so it's not terribly short.

There are some areas where it looks like the author spent more time on than others but all in all it was a decent add-on. For example, there are some cases where there are roadblocks that aren't very plausible. The pathing is OK but there are some large areas where you will probably not even explore since they are so far off from the intended path.

Thoughts?

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: [Custom Campaigns] 2 Evil Eyes

Post by Plinko » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 am

I am not a fan.
The boat event was a neat idea, but terribly executed.
I think the author overdid it on hordes spawning during events, they just constantly spawn and it becomes impossible to move forward. On difficulties above normal, you can get an entire team incapped by regular Infected quickly.
There are some areas like you mention that are enormous and off path, seems like a waste. The author was also not fond of placing ammo piles in the safe rooms which really stinks when you've all spent your full ammo on the constant hordes, you're always stuck taking a new weapon.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: [Custom Campaigns] 2 Evil Eyes

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Plinko wrote:The boat event was a neat idea, but terribly executed.
I agree. It lasted a whole 15 seconds. At first I was stuck and didn't realize that you could actually move around. I would have been better off walking.
Plinko wrote:I think the author overdid it on hordes spawning during events, they just constantly spawn and it becomes impossible to move forward. On difficulties above normal, you can get an entire team incapped by regular Infected quickly.
That's a good point. I was playing on Normal with 3 bots and we got torn up quite a bit on the endless swarms.

My big beef with the bridge event was the fact that the author had place bile bombs at the beginning and near the end before the dropoff. If you need bile to get past the unending swarm, it's not a good sign.
Plinko wrote:There are some areas like you mention that are enormous and off path, seems like a waste.
Like 95% of the cemetery? The boat dock?

The one that really came to mind was the one where you have to turn off the alarm in the security shack. There was an entire area behind the shack that was almost completely empty. I walked around a bit and found absolutely nothing back there. Also, there was a dead-end path near the mesh gate that opened that thankfully had some items.
Plinko wrote:The author was also not fond of placing ammo piles in the safe rooms which really stinks when you've all spent your full ammo on the constant hordes, you're always stuck taking a new weapon.
The lack of ammo piles isn't what bothered me with the first few levels; it was the complete lack of decent weapons.

There were some neat moments that you know the author put some thought into. The main one I can think of is the Tank's entrance from the hill near the overhead walkway/treehouse. Unfortunately, I was too busy looking for items to see all of it. My screen was shaking and the Tank music started but I was too busy checking the treehouse.