[L4D] Favorite Infected Class?

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!

Which is your favorite Infected class to play?

Hunter
31%
Boomer
50%
Smoker
19%

Total votes: 16

Infusions
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

[L4D] Favorite Infected Class?

Post by Infusions » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Blah blah blah, poll topic.

I'm getting rather fond of the Boomer. While the Hunter has fun moves, jumping around and moving at the speed of light, and I'm not toooo facsinated with the Smoker, playing as the Boomer has this really risky, fun feeling to it.

It's like, on one hand, you can get killed by a single bullet.
On the other hand, if you're able to cover the Survivors at the right moment, it can be the cause of their downfall.

I do like the Hunter, but it seems you're only really able to do some damage if a teammate is left alone, which they rarely are. They're usually killed off at the speed of light. Boomers, however, give you a slight chance of being able to exhaust the enemy.

ALSO I WISH WITCH WAS PLAYABLE I WANT TO MOAN AND CRY JUST LIKE HER. :{

itchy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: [L4D] Favorite Infected Class?

Post by itchy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:54 pm

From my limited experience in the demo, it seemed like the most effective time for the Hunter to attack was in conjunction with the other Zombie classes, or in conjunction with the Horde. Just nabbing single players is more a job for the Smoker - since the Hunter has to jump in (instead of dragging them to you), attacking by yourself will rarely accomplish more than a hit or two.

But! If you jump in while they're already dealing with the Horde, or getting smoked, you can often take down at least one enemy. For example, there were times when a Hunter would manage to get on top of someone who was already surrounded by the Horde. The other Survivors had to fight through everything in between them and the Hunter before they could deal with him - plenty of time to kill the player.
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3304587268_69e66ce816_o.png[/img]
[size=67][url=http://www.theville.org/viewtopic.php?t=11702]I've been found out![/url][/size]

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Ya I'm pretty good with the hunter so far. The key is using your allies. Remember your screaming really distracts your foes so jump around a bit to distract them from the boomer.

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:00 pm

I like the Boomer also. When you can barf on everyone and retreat only to repeat. (hey, I rhymed) It's the greatest thing ever. I'm not good with Smoker either, Hunter is okay...but it seems people are getting better at sticking together.

AND I WANT TO PLAY THE WITCH ALSO. Maybe just tone down her one-hit kills? Tank is playable and he's pretty strong, why not the Witch :cry:

Slipstream
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Slipstream » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:23 pm

I've had the best luck playing as hunter. The trick is, to wait until your smoker buddy nabs a survivor, and then you pounce on his friend that comes to save him.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/McMandy/TF2/TVBSlipstreamcopy.jpg[/img]
If you live like no one else, later you get to live like no one else.

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:44 pm

My favorite is Boomer by far.

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:14 am

So how does playing smoker work? Like do you have to aim right on the target? Or does it acquire the closest one?

Archon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Archon » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 am

aim and shoot, rest is automatic

i like boomer most so far, but i haven't been able to play as a tank yet
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

YevGenie
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YevGenie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:59 am

I like the smoker :)

Grapedrink
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Grapedrink » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:47 am

tank is fun, but also kinda lame at the same time, you can easily incapacitate people, but you can't kill them really at all. Boomer is my favorite, I wait until our smokers hunters are leaping all around and spitting at them, and I go in and puke on them and run away going "whoop whoop whoop whoop" waving my claws in the air and scuttling away
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/3b-z.jpg[/img]
[img]http://boff.clanservers.com/stuff/moobs_grapedrink.gif[/img]

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:13 pm

[quote="Grapedrink";p="134815"]
tank is fun, but also kinda lame at the same time, you can easily incapacitate people, but you can't kill them really at all. Boomer is my favorite, I wait until our smokers hunters are leaping all around and spitting at them, and I go in and puke on them and run away going "whoop whoop whoop whoop" waving my claws in the air and scuttling away
[/quote]

LOL

"Did you see me escape? I was all WHOOP WHOOP whoop whoop whoop"

oooh zoidburg :lol:

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:45 pm

i really like hunter, being ninja-like has always been a favorite of mine :D
its always fun to jump on someone incap them, get knocked off but not die and then get away by pouncing into the distance only to return later for your kill