TV2 GUN GAME!!!

A forum dedicated to CS and all its mods.
Kodo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Kodo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:43 am

Hey dog I toyed around with it a bit this morning for a few rounds and here's some things you should look at.

-Remove complex maps such as underpass(or something like that). As you probably already know, when bots are on the server they need to calculate the map and what they can do and where and other things and what-nots. This has the potential to take forever. I sat for about 5 minutes watching the server try to calculate this information before it reset and went on to another simpler map.

-Crank those bots back up. I joined a game with the bots all at around level 15 and I won the game in a matter of a few minutes. They are still deadly when you try to get close to them but I don't think they are very good at knifing right now at all.

-It was mentioned in another thread to crank the spawn protection time up to ~15 seconds unless the person fires a weapon. I agree wholeheartedly here, however can this be exploited to get closer to enemies with weapons such as the knife? It was far too easy to spawn camp on maps like simpson street where all of the spawns are packed together. Is there any possible way to have dynamic spawning points??

-Is there any way to have it so that there are like 2+ rounds on a map? Based on the players these games can go by very quickly especially with the DM plug-in. It's nice to constantly have a fresh map to play on but its also kind of annoying to be loading a new map every few minutes.

Just a few things from my perspective. I'll go play with my minions of bots for a bit more and see if I can find anything else..
Shhh...

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:49 am

[quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="34880"][quote="StrontiumDog";p="34878"]Right now the server is randomly crashing and I'm trying to pinpoint why. [/quote]

I'm sure it has something to do with JD... :lol:[/quote]

I blame Nuckin! :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:49 am

All good pts.
I don't mind setting the bots back to uber-l33tness - what do others think?

I sat on Underpass this morning to allow the server the chance to create the nav pts, so it should be good to go

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:52 am

Oh...another setting. I can turn this one on if you like:

Because DM is on, games are too quick. I can set it so that you need 2 or 3 kills with a weapon before progressing to the next level......

Kodo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Kodo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:21 pm

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="34907"]Oh...another setting. I can turn this one on if you like:

Because DM is on, games are too quick. I can set it so that you need 2 or 3 kills with a weapon before progressing to the next level......[/quote]

That would be cool.

P.S. You still need to remove stock maps such as De_Dust. For some reason it loaded a few minutes ago. Kinda funny, in the middle of the GG the server said "CT wins" and sent everyone back to the spawn locations.

Another map that doesn't work (atleast for me) is punishment. When I try to connect it says Im missing the punishment.bsp file. This is probably something I could just download but figured that I would point it out since most of the other GG maps were downloading from the server.
Shhh...

Hamese
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TV2 GUN GAME!!!

Post by Hamese » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:42 pm

The waiting for the bots to find their positions should be a one time deal. The server creates the .nav file and it should stay on, so the next time the map comes up it doesn't have to do that.

I dont think the bots have been changed in level... When you join a map thay the bots have been on for a while you will start at a higher level and not at level 1. So it is pretty easy to finish the map from there. I played at lunch and went through about 4 maps in 30 minutes or less, so we'll just have to keep playing with it until we get it right, but increasing the amount of kills per weapon might be an answer.

D.B.Cooper
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by D.B.Cooper » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 pm

I love the gun game, thx dog. I think everybody had fun lastnight.

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:35 pm

I think having to kill a couple times would be cool except most get stuck on the single shot shotty and nade and knife of course... This may make for an extremly long game which can be wearing in GG.. I love GG though anyway we play!! Just glad we have it at home :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:41 pm

GG is f......U......NNNNNNNN :D
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:52 pm

woot woot! I had fun playing with you DOW! And everyone else! I look forward to owning you all again soon xD

Also, Dog please remove the stock maps such as the ones with hostages and bombs, because it gets really stupid when bots are planting the bombs and what not. Plus the maps are too big.
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:47 pm

I like the stock maps Dog, it will be fun with a full server! People should just vote on the map according to how many are on the server at that time. I think you did a great job Dog! Leave her be :D :D
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:59 pm

What I can do, is turn off objectives.

Nuckin
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Post by Nuckin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:14 pm

Sounds good!
[Teamwork Respect Fun]

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:35 am

My favorite map is gg_autumn (or something like that). The one with opposing bunkers that doesn't look like lego, mario land, simpsons, or orange (although I like them too).
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:14 pm

The bots dont understand that they have to use their grenades to advance. They keep pistoling when they reach the grenade level.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar