cp_lazytown_day/night [Update Pack]

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
[GU]Tenshi
New Villun
New Villun

cp_lazytown_day/night [Update Pack]

Post by [GU]Tenshi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Good day TheVille Members and everybody else.

Some of you might know me from the JRB TF2 server, or know me by playing the map cp_lazytown_night. Originally the night map was created with a day map. However the day map became out-dated and was not played; I only updated the night version at the time. I have updated the night map and fixed up the day map at present. One of the distinguishing features of the night map that I have updated is the enemy ramp. I moved the invisible wall back to the spawn exit by player demand. I also fixed up the moon so you can see it in the correct position in the sky. They are the main changes you will notice. The day version now matches the night version, but is in daylight. I also added in TF2 clouds, and fixed the ambient sounds to fit the day scene. Otherwise the day version has a blue sky and a sun in it, and plays just like the night version.

TheVille has permission to use the maps. I have no problems with that lol. I only ask for one thing, have fun! :D

Download Link!
cp_lazytown_daytime + cp_lazytown_nitetime

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:59 pm

one thing... fix the overtime .... we were playing OVERTIME for over an hour today and changed map by map vote.... :(
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

[GU]Tenshi
New Villun
New Villun

Re: cp_lazytown_day/night [Update Pack]

Post by [GU]Tenshi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:21 pm

About the timer issue, Valve added the timer on the Feb. 15 update.

When the timer reaches 0, it goes into infinite overtime 0:00 until a team score.

Maps without a game timer like lazytown now have a timer based on the mp_timelimit var and the only way to get rid of it is changing the timer to rounds won, or setting the time_limit to 0 and max_rounds to 0 to make the map inifinite.

The server owner must fix this.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:07 am

FINALLYYYY!!!! another Aussie!

How you going mate?

Welcome to the Ville Forums.

See ya around... Also, nice map you have created.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 pm

I like the looks of the night version, I hope to play it soon!

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Do you have any other mapping projects going on?

I don't mean to be too critical but Im sick of lazytown and all it's versions...

I like your sense of style and you obviously possess the skills. Why not start something new?! :D

Lanferd
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Lanferd » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:38 pm

[quote="John Doe";p="77392"]I like the looks of the night version, I hope to play it soon![/quote]
[img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff255/jsquared90/HKLanferd.jpg[/img]

Oddjob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: cp_lazytown_day/night [Update Pack]

Post by Oddjob » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:38 pm

I for one still feel this particular map is a bit too stalematey still. The middle point needs to be tweaked a bit by maybe removing the sloping to a certain extent and maybe opening the map a bit more. The points could also cap a bit faster to promote a bit more back and forth because whoever gets that middle point first can make it impossible to push back. I have just always found this map usually ends in stalemates which either means design changes are needed or the counters on the points could be tweaked.