Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Doomsday

Post by Rico[CotC] » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 pm

As one of those guys who routinely defends the last flag, I don't like it. Dog knows EXACTLY how I do it - he's seen me.

But - I'd be willing to test it.

George
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by George » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:03 am

Wow, character development already? You can work on our characters next. Remember, you can outright kill me early or let me live but I must not be a zombie! Dr Bob always sacrifices himself if there is no room on the allies. So, sacrifice, sacrifice!

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:55 pm

For what it's worth, while the idea sounds fun, I wouldn't want it in. It punishes the attacking team for doing well, and encourages the defending team to play in a tactically unsound manner, leaving their final unprotected. In theory, it's pretty cool. In practice, it feels a bit like an "easy button."

Also, I don't like anything that is unavoidable - smart play should have the ability to mitigate damage and avoid being killed. Random death from above is not at all enjoyable. Additionally, it's a huge TK thing - I can imagine griefers enjoying the ability to frag their entire team just for the lols, even if use of the device was wholly unnecessary.
-Boss Llama

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:03 pm

You make a good point.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm

As Sarge had mentioned "then we took it way off course" It would be used by the zombies when they win the round. It would then eradicate all the human allies. And it would only be used at the end of a round.

Kinda adding another element to the game. Sorta like being the last line of defense for the human race. And if we fail all man kind would be turned into zombies.

Moonshine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonshine » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Using the doomsday weapon as an end show would be cool! Maybe it can be earned, too? For example, it would only activate after winning a certain number of rounds.

Aardvark Ratnick
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Aardvark Ratnick » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Gotta say this is intriguing. Zombies cap the last flag and then every living and unliving thing gets obliterated in a Thermonuclear explosion. But I would suggest a few changes.

1) Like it was said before after the Zombies take the last flag everything dies. But since the round is over the kills do not count toward the total zombie kill count for the allies.

2) Any allied players left alive who dies because of this Doomsday are not counted as TKs, Suicides or kills. They are just removed from play. Same for human Zombies.

3) Instead of once a round purchase at the store I feel it should be once a map and it should be mega expensive.

4) Since no one will be left alive it can be a cinematic. I would arrange for the file to be downloaded to the local computer. That way we don't have several people pulling from one server and overloading it.

<eVa> + Sarge +
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by <eVa> + Sarge + » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:09 am

I could not of said it better Aardvark.

I would think it best as just a final cinematic end to the not-so-frequent Zombie cap-out.

No one loses points or adds TK's.

Just something to watch and admire.