NO FF on AUS L4DOD server.. pleeeeaassseee??

A forum dedicated to the Left4DoD Day of Defeat: Source Mod
Forum rules
Join the Left4DoD Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/left4dod
Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: NO FF on AUS L4DOD server.. pleeeeaassseee??

Post by Dog » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Erm.....FF is still OFF on the Australian server.

The only FF will be from TNT since it has no friends.

BlueFire081
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlueFire081 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:07 am

First, I hear that it's on then I hear that it's off, so I might have misheard.

All good and relieved. Thanks Dog. :)

Transit
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Transit » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 pm

FF On.. just forgive your teammates tks.. what would you expect if you lob a grenade into a bunch of your teammates?.. just kill the zombies? PFFT
makes it more even when a human is playing as zombie

Amunous
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Amunous » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 pm

I originaly asked for FF to be turned off not because im a soft C&@$ as people are calling it in the server, but because i was just sick to death of being constantly killed by people who just shoot indiscriminately and kill you. Then you get idiots on top of that, that follow you and punch you a couple of times just to get you to about 5% health and leave you or you get idiots that punch you trying to get you to TK them and get yourself banned.

It has nothing to do with being "soft" or "gay" or any of the other things that some morons are throwing around in game at the moment. There were legit reasons.

If i had to choose between zombies that are near impossible to kill and morons ingame... ide probably choose the morons, because with the zombies being ramped up at the moment, were lucky to make it out of spawn on most maps, had a few rounds where we just get bogged down in spawn by terminator zombies. Then you add a couple of human zombies to the mix and you might as well not play.
I started playing this mod because it was fun. But with all the die hards out there constantly asking for it to be made harder and harder.. its starting to lose its fun factor and just becoming an annoyance.
walk out of spawn dead... spawn and walk 2 feet dead. capping a flag dead..
DONT get me wrong im not saying i never want to die and i want it made so easy you breath on zombies and they fall over no no. Im all for making it a bit more difficult. But when you pick up one shot kill ammo and zombies are still taking 3-4 shots to kill... then its been taken too far.

Ill prolly get shot down and told im just a whiner and to grow up by the "hardcore" crowd. But i started playing this to have some fun with my mates. If its going to become a "hardcore diehard" players game... thats not what i started playing for.

Poo Jabber Wit Flies
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Poo Jabber Wit Flies » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 am

Gday fellas. First timer here.

Firstly, Dog, brilliant game! Love playing the L4DOD maps.

Secondly, how can I contribute some dough to the servers?

Thirdly, and on topic - I am all for FF being switched ON. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it on in IX server? Why is it switched on in there and not in the AUS server.

SO good to be in a game where almost anything goes, and no power hungry admins are ruling the roost.

Look forward to hearing back

Cheers
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:45 am

Welcome!

Yeah...FF should really be on.
Perhaps a poll. I'm open to democracy.....in Australia
:D

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 am

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! :)
88silhouette wrote: Secondly, how can I contribute some dough to the servers?
You can become a Ville supporter, or make a donation here:
http://www.theville.org/forums/ville_supporters.php

Captain Mainwaring
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Captain Mainwaring » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:45 pm

With the changes to the zombie abilities for the Anarchist & Gas Man, I think this would be a perfect rationale for enabling FF on the AUS server, because the changes will mean that the zombie players need to play a more tactical game than they have been, and FF is a key component of that. :)

If the objective of the changes to the zombies is to promote more dynamic game play (a good thing all round), then enabling FF will promote the same. The Allied spray and pray without any need to think about tactics or even watching your aim makes for unchallenging gaming. :cry:

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Amunous wrote:I originaly asked for FF to be turned off not because im a soft C&@$ as people are calling it in the server, but because i was just sick to death of being constantly killed by people who just shoot indiscriminately and kill you. Then you get idiots on top of that, that follow you and punch you a couple of times just to get you to about 5% health and leave you or you get idiots that punch you trying to get you to TK them and get yourself banned.

It has nothing to do with being "soft" or "gay" or any of the other things that some morons are throwing around in game at the moment. There were legit reasons.

If i had to choose between zombies that are near impossible to kill and morons ingame... ide probably choose the morons, because with the zombies being ramped up at the moment, were lucky to make it out of spawn on most maps, had a few rounds where we just get bogged down in spawn by terminator zombies. Then you add a couple of human zombies to the mix and you might as well not play.
I started playing this mod because it was fun. But with all the die hards out there constantly asking for it to be made harder and harder.. its starting to lose its fun factor and just becoming an annoyance.
DONT get me wrong im not saying i never want to die and i want it made so easy you breath on zombies and they fall over no no. Im all for making it a bit more difficult. But when you pick up one shot kill ammo and zombies are still taking 3-4 shots to kill... then its been taken too far.

Ill prolly get shot down and told im just a whiner and to grow up by the "hardcore" crowd. But i started playing this to have some fun with my mates. If its going to become a "hardcore diehard" players game... thats not what i started playing for.
I just wanted to say thanks for speaking your mind freely on the forums. It's players like you who voice their opinion here that effect the game more than those calling eachother names in game. :) I understand where you're coming from and appreciate your input, as I'm sure does Dog!

Poo Jabber Wit Flies
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Poo Jabber Wit Flies » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Amunous wrote:I originaly asked for FF to be turned off not because im a soft C&@$ as people are calling it in the server, but because i was just sick to death of being constantly killed by people who just shoot indiscriminately and kill you. Then you get idiots on top of that, that follow you and punch you a couple of times just to get you to about 5% health and leave you or you get idiots that punch you trying to get you to TK them and get yourself banned.

G'day Amunous.

Have you played since the changes? Been playing the past few nights on the AUS server - allies managed to capture the 5 flags on numerous occasions. Looks like the changes may have brought about the balance people are after.

Dog - good to hear you think FF should be switched on.

Just wondering, is there any justification for FF to be on in the North American server, but off on the AUS server? I can't think why it should be different. If comparisons were to be made, I think the players in the AUS server do not communicate and work together like the regulars in the North American server. Something for the AUS regulars to work on.

Cheers

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm

88silhouette wrote:
Amunous wrote: Just wondering, is there any justification for FF to be on in the North American server, but off on the AUS server? I can't think why it should be different. If comparisons were to be made, I think the players in the AUS server do not communicate and work together like the regulars in the North American server. Something for the AUS regulars to work on.

Cheers
We turned it off to help new players adjust and since it was a brand new server, it seemed like a good idea.
FF should go back on, because it encourages better skills, better awareness, and gives the Zombs a little edge that is fun to use.
With Team Wounding and Team Killing protocols in place, plus a Complaints Dept and Stats, we can quickly ban/remove people.

Poo Jabber Wit Flies
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Poo Jabber Wit Flies » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Dog wrote:
88silhouette wrote:
Amunous wrote: Just wondering, is there any justification for FF to be on in the North American server, but off on the AUS server? I can't think why it should be different. If comparisons were to be made, I think the players in the AUS server do not communicate and work together like the regulars in the North American server. Something for the AUS regulars to work on.

Cheers
We turned it off to help new players adjust and since it was a brand new server, it seemed like a good idea.
FF should go back on, because it encourages better skills, better awareness, and gives the Zombs a little edge that is fun to use.
With Team Wounding and Team Killing protocols in place, plus a Complaints Dept and Stats, we can quickly ban/remove people.
Ok sounds good. The server has been in place for a while now, so I reckon the honeymoon period is well and truly over. Sounds like you guys are on top of the TK stuff as well. I don't think there is a need for consensus or a poll. Bring on FF :)

PS - I will be signing up for the $25 thing tonight. Well worth it given all your efforts with this mod.

Cheers

Fidel Gastro
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fidel Gastro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh yeah bring it on!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
One fish swims into a wall.
The other fishy laughs his butt off and says "dam".
Ha Ha

P. E. Logos
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by P. E. Logos » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:38 am

Fidel Gastro wrote:Oh yeah bring it on!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Haha, Gastro you rock

Freddie
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Freddie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:10 am

Firstly I would like to thank Dog for making this game available in Australia ,it is a fantastic mod and we are all loving it.
However when I played today I noticed friendly fire was on ,in my opinion this opens the floodgates for all the morons who seem to love deliberately team killing and wounding ,over the years I have seen so many arguments , wrong players being kicked and also wrong players getting banned because of ff on , I make a point of only playing on ff off servers because of this problem ,I will only play on ff on servers if I am desperate.
I was not on long today before this young kid deliberately knifed me just out of spawn with no zombies around ,than he says sorry ,big deal.
I play this game only for fun ,I do not want to be champion of the world , just have fun.
I for one do not believe ff on will work here in Australia ,we simply have too many morons , I myself would never ever have it turned on.
In all the time I have spent playing on this zombie site I have never heard one player say they would like it turned on.
Please Dog turn ff off and never turn it on again.
Cheers
Freddie