Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Impending changes to Left4DoD

Post by Dog » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Normally, I like to make the changes and then deal with the fallout that normally happens from changes in Left4DoD. Freekill is close to taking me off his Friends list because I keep buggering up the game for him.

I played for the first time in weeks, the other night and it felt like playing like a new player again.
But it did give me a couple of insights into changes that need to be made to the game.

1. The damned Emo.
As a bot, the Emo is fine and easy to deal with, but a Human Emo is just infuriating. I kept getting killed over and over by this one guy playing as a Emo and I realized that it is too powerful. So, the Emo is going back on a timer. He will have ten seconds to race from spawn. I will also severely nerf its health because, despite everyone thinking that the GasMan is the boomer, it's not. The Emo was originally the boomer and as we know the boomer has hardly any health. Emos are probably the single most hated class in the game.

2. Increase the power of the weapons.
All the weapons will be getting an upgrade. I'll go back to my old code and fix it up.

3. Increase the ban time for TKs
Right now it is one day for TKs, but it's not stopping people. So, the ban will be changed to one week.
If you are a member and a contributor to these forums, then the ban will be removed, if you ask.

4. Remove the code to gradually increase Zombie health
Seemed like a good idea, but will be removed. Besides, the current increases are so negligible, it won't matter.

5. Make all flags in coop version 2-man cap
It's a CO-OP game, people. People need to work together.... (hint)

When I finish my current web contract (which is within the next few days), I'll make the changes.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Impending changes to Left4DoD

Post by Gizanked » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:00 pm

I have played in a loooong time ( sorry about that) but these overall sound like a successfull bathing session
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Darklightr
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Darklightr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Dog, while playing on today with the pubbers, I noticed that a lot of people like the old "Gassed" vision better. I for one, also like the old "Gassed" vision better.. Can you change it back, or are you keeping it as is?
Thanks, Blah! I owe you one!

OldMan
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OldMan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Speaking as an Allied player, I like the gas the way it is. It is very difficult to see while gassed and the weapon jump is just where it should be. It's hard to see and shoot while gassed, as it should be, it's a deterrent to rushing into a gassed area and it makes for a better tatical weapon. Yea, it's annoying and difficult to play when gassed, but that's the point! The Gas Man is not terribly tough and pretty easy to kill.

Dog, don't hate the Emo, hate just eats you up inside. Instead embrace your enemy and show him love and compassion, only then will you truly understand him. Or if that doesn't work, put a bullet right in his head! I have always liked the Emo, human or bot controlled. He gives the game some flair and he's fun to play. I know getting him to the correct balance is tough, but you've done a great job with him and I feel he's just about right now. Nice big boom when at full health, but fragile enough that a patient Allied player can take him out before being exploded.

I still love this mod and the last few tweaks you've put into it are very good. The two man cap after two wins is great, and the airstrike is brilliant! Also the weapon strength seems right on. I like that the zombies get harder to kill as the game progresses, I wouldn't loose that if you can help it.

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:44 am

good work dog
Founder and Overlord of the IBG nation

Mal.TVR
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Mal.TVR » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I've actually been very hot for Left4DoD lately. I got Halo Reach and thought that would steal me away but back to DoD I came.

I love the Emo, it's sick. I can see the changes, even though I didn't know they had happened. I felt I was getting shot down faster then before, and the time I have to run before I come out of hiding I find is appropriate for the class. Gives me just enough time to jump into the water on Anzio and bomb the bridge.

Great job with it all Dog.
It's a long hard road coming to recover from World of Warcrack, but I hope you'll help me bare the load while I travel that road.