Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

1 hour and 10 minutes!!!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: L4D Tournament Teams and Schedule

Post by Shifty » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="151679"]So just so I'm clear...are all of us playing three back-to-back-to-back VS games tonight...?

That's gonna be quite a grind :shock:[/quote]

Not the entire campaign's will be played. Just the last 3 maps of No Mercy (x3)

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Can we change that to Blood Harvest, No Mercy is extremely unbalanced because it has too many cramped areas and there are a lot whining about certain spots (NM4 closet)

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19 pm

[quote="Guardian";p="151706"]Can we change that to Blood Harvest, No Mercy is extremely unbalanced because it has too many cramped areas and there are a lot whining about certain spots (NM4 closet)[/quote]

I'd say BH is just as unbalanced for being so wide open it makes it more difficult for the Infected.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:43 pm

I'd like to think that no closets will be used. Keep the play as fair as possible, don't use "cheap" tricks like that.

Also, the matches tonight will be on No Mercy. The final will on Blood Harvest.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:43 pm

So how do the finals work?

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:45 pm

the Closet wasnt a big deal on No Mercy, but Blood Harvest is going to be very very hard for the infected...

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:51 pm

I'll be adding up the scores and we'll setup a grand finale championship all or nothing matchup between the top two teams.

Next week, at about the same time, we'll hold the match.

I'll post the scores asap.

YevGenie
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YevGenie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Hey Guys! I want to apologize for not being there! I'm sorry team! I had an emergency at home and I couldn't come back to my computer until late, basically right now. I'm sorry :-( I feel like poop, I was looking foreword to killing some villuns :(

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:29 am

its ok Yev, we did fine without ya. But next time! you better show up!!!! no WoW for you!!!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 am

We used the closet in our first match (which we still lost, mind you) but were urged not to for the last two. I honestly don't see the big deal. It's no different than dragging away or pouncing the last survivor before the rest jump down an unreturnable pit, or smoking someone off the roof of the last stage No Mercy when they come up the ladder. Using every option at your advantage to hinder the other team is the name of the game, and using your geography to your advantage is no different. They put such places in the maps for a reason.

It's not cheap. It's smart.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:09 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="151775"]We used the closet in our first match (which we still lost, mind you) but were urged not to for the last two. I honestly don't see the big deal. It's no different than dragging away or pouncing the last survivor before the rest jump down an unreturnable pit, or smoking someone off the roof of the last stage No Mercy when they come up the ladder. Using every option at your advantage to hinder the other team is the name of the game, and using your geography to your advantage is no different. They put such places in the maps for a reason.

It's not cheap. It's smart.[/quote]

Good points, but perhaps not everything in the game is perfect just because its there. A closet which has no angles to get smoked from, no way to get pounced on, and absolutely no resulting damage from booms, is not so much a tactic as it is an easy way out.

The game is definitely about using the map to outplay the other team, but I am on the side that believes if there is no counter tactic (whatsoever, regardless of how difficult), it's really not fair.

On the other hand, that area is pretty defensible even without the closet, the key is to attack the team as they move to the elevator.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:45 am

Ahhh crap I just reliezed if the championship is on next Sunday then I can't join due to me being away :(

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:11 pm

I think the closet is fine. Everyone just seems to be too impatient. Take a breather, get in a good spot and nail the hell out of them when they get out and go for the elevator.

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:09 pm

Well, good games to everyone! Thanks to the participants and extra thanks goes out to the captains who really helped manage and organize each team. It was very timely and, from what I can tell, fairly well fought games (even if L4D leads to pulling hair out sometimes :lol: )

Here are the final scores for each team (including the 15% bonus for going survivor first):

So, Blah's team will face off against GrapeDrink's team in the grand finale next Sunday at 7PM Ville time (Central). The match will be a full length campaign of Blood Harvest.