BAR

A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
gman1211
Villun
Villun

BAR

Post by gman1211 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:27 pm

Heres something ive wondered about for a long long time, why does the mg34 get and limit... and the BAR dosnt O.O? so ya this is somewhat a request either, remove the limit on the mg34 or put a 3-4 person limit on the bar...... feel free to ramble/state you oppinion about this

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: BAR

Post by l3eeron » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:31 pm

Good question... If I had to guess, I would say it's because a good mg-er is so hard to kill. If you are saying that the 34 and the BAR are equals I would have to strongly disagree. Sure the BAR's got a 'pod, but that's not it's best attribute. I've seen guys use the 34 wayyy better than the 42. This question is almost only map related too. Im not even gonna bring up all the punks who are so good at goin rambo style. Would you rather fight 16 guys with 34s or 16 with BARs? It is a hard question but I think I would have to go with the enemy BARs.

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Post by gman1211 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:29 pm

Okok, youve confused me :? so are you saying the BAR is better, or the mg34?

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:33 am

WHAT!
Eat all the tacos!

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:06 pm

sorry, i suck at getting my point across. I was tryin ta say the 34 has the potential to be alot deadlier, specially if there were alot of em. Plus all the guys doing the stand up mg gets to be rediculous.

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Post by gman1211 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:41 pm

what is this stand up glitch everyone is talking abou O.o??

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:58 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="7633"]sorry, i suck at getting my point across. I was tryin ta say the 34 has the potential to be alot deadlier, specially if there were alot of em. Plus all the guys doing the stand up mg gets to be rediculous.[/quote]

The 34 is horrible for ramboing. Too slow and innaccurate. When they decreased the cone of fire of the 42 in 1.1, they made it the quintessential ramboing weapon, and imo is the only answer the axis has to the BAR (for close-in work, at least).

Yes, the fg42 is the real counterpart to the BAR, but thats only found on para maps, and then people complain because the axis get a bar with a scope.

FUSE
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by FUSE » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:45 pm

The weapons are based on the real weapons used in WW2. In real life the 42 fires so rapidly that it heats up quickly, and if heats up too much it won't be able to function properly so the 42 is the MG that has the limit, not the 34. Even though we're playing a game, it is more or less based upon real life so you really can't put a limit on the BAR cuz the bar, in WW2, didn't heat up like the 42 did. In WW2 the axis didn't hold the trigger for long periods of time. They kind of pulsed the MG. So they would pull the trigger, then let go fairly quickly since it fires quite a few rounds at once. Putting a limit on the BAR wouldn't be very realistic. And although I don't think there was some sort of protection from heating up the 42, if the limit was taken out of the game, they'd have to make the 42 malfunction or blow up or something after it heats up too much and since they're focusing on source games I don't think they're gonna change anything in regular DOD, CS, etc.

MISTER FUSSY -V$-

''But we can perhaps remember...that those who live with us are our brothers; that they share with us the same short moment of life.'' -RFK

The Tiju
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Tiju » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:35 am

in the end the weapons as a whole are pretty balanced for each class...one class gets a kar while the other has the garand, theres always gonna be a debate on which one is better...my personal opinion is that the BAR sux if u dont know how to use it, and from what ive seen, besides the ville servers, most ppl dont know how to use the BAR then just complain sayin the person is hackin cause he does know how to use the BAR.

BAR is good but its not the best, id take the thompson over it any day
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/C4NT_TheTiju_sig.jpg[/img]

Never Fear, The Tiju is Here

GaNjY
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by GaNjY » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Agreed, id take the thompson over the bar any day....is there a limit for how many thompson can be had?...if not,well then, 10 allies with thompsons calls for some serious pwning....axis have nothing to compare...atleast in dod 1.3

-GaNjY

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:53 pm

the thing about the smgs in 1.3 is that the aim isnt very realistic. I can pick off a sniper 3 miles away with the mp40/tommy! In source, you cant do that stuff, if you do happen to get lucky, its one in a million. Which is much better/real. At first I didnt like source because of that... I always used the pee shooters as my crutch in 1.3. So, I had to start all over with a new gun. The BAR in source is kinda the same way, even when set to semi auto you cant pick people off like a sniper rifle.

BUT, the BAR in 1.3 (in the right hands, eh hem squirrel) is prolly the deadliest weapon.

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Post by gman1211 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:48 pm

well, its not like im saying put a cap on the BAR (aka the hall cleaner) im just trying to say... mabe up the cap on the mg34 to 1 or so more people... the bar is sort of stacked(not to the point where anything needs to be nerfed), it kills in 2 hits, and its bullet radius is the problem... i can shoot 2 feet beside the person and still hit them :wink:

so basicaly ya... mabe just 1more 34 ...

funny how that ryhmed...
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/stefangiorio/stopthat.gif[/img]
I Brought you into this world, and i can take you out. -My evil step mom