A forum dedicated to the Day of Defeat Mod
Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Flugplatz

Post by Rohan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:15 pm

does this map really have to be in the rotation?...i really am beginning to dislike it because every time i join it seems that map is always on...also most ppl feel the same way i do in the fact that they don't like it...i also would go as far to blame flugplatz for the low turnout of ppl during the day aswell...TVIII always used to b full...now after saints it seems like everyone leaves and it's only at night when more ppl and admins r on and...also when admins r on we usually skip right over flugplatz and go to another map...flugplatz is fun to play once in a while but thats all...it shouldn't b on the rotation...thats my 2 cents on that...just figured i would mention it :)....kthxbye

-Teh Rohan
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

The Sexy Canadian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Flugplatz

Post by The Sexy Canadian » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:34 pm

I fully agree with rohan. Flugplatz is alright but not a rotation map.

maybe a map that everyone likes more like a objective map wold help?

but ne ways Flugplatz is a server killer!
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/HockeyJunkie1390/Untitled-2copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/tvc07.png[/img]

LJ
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by LJ » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:50 pm

I've never been a fan of flugplatz. I just resort to sniping on that map to avoid running around it. Either that or just leave.

loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by loka » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:37 pm

i agree.

furthur more I don't know why jagd or glider are not on rotation.
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:41 pm

[quote="loka";p="13933"]i agree.

furthur more I don't know why jagd or glider are not on rotation.[/quote]

i'd like to c glider on teh rotation :)...jagd not so much...get bored of that 1 pretty fast 2...but krastoff is also a pretty fun map that is barly played :)
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:04 pm

Whether it's Kraftstoff, Jagd, Glider or Flugplatz or any other map for that matter, it will always cause people to leave as people like them or dislike them for different reasons.

We could look at removing Flugplatz, but putting something else on in its place would have exactly the same effect - people would leave if they don't like the map.

Jagd used to be in the rotation, but people left because of it too.

We removed Avalanche a while back, because people found it "too boring". But then people started clamouring for it to come back. So we brought it back.

Personally, I would like to see people stay regardless of the map, especially if they're planning to come back in thirty minutes. A mass exodus is usually hard to restart, and usually once two or three desert, the rest will follow.

We could keep the Avalanche/Donner/Flash/Kalt/Sturm/Saints rotation and then we change the maps with a mapvote when a Supporter or an Admin is on...?

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Sorry double post.
Thought I would add, that providing no-one votes on TV2, the rotation there is:
dod_avalanche
dod_kalt
dod_sturm
dod_flash
dod_saints
dod_donner

Red Seal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Red Seal » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 pm

well lets say that on this map u snipe or leave, try something different i must admit there r maps i dont like and i try different weapons on them there seems to be alot of new players coming here so lets give them a good game which ever map it is

jim beam
TVR Leadership
TVR Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jim beam » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:48 pm

i like flugplatz. i like it a lot better than flash or avalanch those make me leave most of the time. and agree about adding glider to the rotation

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 pm

I'm can't stand Kalt, but then most people love it.....but I never leave when it's on.
Why?

Because I'm not playing the game for the maps.
It doesn't matter what map we play, as long as you guys are playing, I'll be there...

Raptor
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Raptor » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:38 pm

hmm, I am liking dogs rotation, though maybe try something a bit more radical?

Would it be so bad if we made TV III like TVII with the multiple random generated map vote at the end? That way the map chosen is the one that the majority wants, and thus the majority would stay. I think that should also be taken into consideration. Raptor out.
Fresh enemy corpses. YUMMY!! :twisted:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Dodraptor/evaRaptorcopy-1.jpg[/img]
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but make sure you are far far away from ME!!!

all-star
Villun
Villun

Post by all-star » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:55 pm

flugplatz 4 ever

kate78
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by kate78 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:14 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="13951"]I'm can't stand Kalt, but then most people love it.....but I never leave when it's on.
Why?

Because I'm not playing the game for the maps.
It doesn't matter what map we play, as long as you guys are playing, I'll be there...[/quote]

I'm with Dog on this one...I don't care much for Jagd, but as long as all my "friends" are playing, I'll stay.

Flash is my favorite....oooh, and I love kraftstoff, so I'll join in when I see the server on those maps, even if there's no one on :-)

How about something like....about 3 min. before the current map is done, an announcement of the next map could take and then a yes or no vote as to a possible map change...if yes wins, then a vote with 2 or 3 other possibilities...of course I have no idea as to the inner workings of the game and have no idea whether something like this is even implementable....but I'm just throwing the idea out there....??
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/KateSigSmall.gif[/img]
[color=#00BFFF]P[/color][color=#08B5FB]l[/color][color=#0FABF8]a[/color][color=#17A1F4]y[/color][color=#1F97F1]e[/color][color=#268CED]r[/color] [color=#3678E6]o[/color][color=#3D6EE3]f[/color] [color=#6173CA]t[/color][color=#767ABB]h[/color][color=#8B81AC]e[/color] [color=#B58F8E]M[/color][color=#CA967E]o[/color][color=#DF9D6F]n[/color][color=#F4A460]t[/color][color=#F59155]h[/color] [color=#F86A3E]-[/color] [color=#FA4428]J[/color][color=#FC301C]a[/color][color=#FD1D11]n[/color][color=#FE0A06]u[/color][color=#F30C03]a[/color][color=#DB2409]r[/color][color=#C33C0F]y[/color] [color=#7A8520]2[/color][color=#629D26]0[/color][color=#4AB52C]0[/color][color=#32CD32]7[/color]
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/kate.gif[/img]

Deacon Frost
Villun
Villun

Post by Deacon Frost » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:27 am

Anyway that it could be scripted to do a rotating map rotation? Like rotate it by day, week or month? IE:

Week 1 = Rotation 1 (Avalanche - Kalt - Sturm - Donner)
Week 2 = Rotation 2 (Flugplatz - Jagd - Saints - Flash)
Week 3 = Rotation 3 (Krastoff - something - something - something)
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Deaconfrost2100][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/Deaconfrost2100.png[/img][/url]

X.O.Skeleton
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by X.O.Skeleton » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:34 pm

I realy hate flug, I come to play in your day time, my 10pm or something and there are 10 or 11 ppl on the server.
But when it changes to flugs there are 4 or 3 ppl on so I leave also cuz it sucks to play on a "empty" server and I do have other servers to play on that are full but I would like to play on TV cuz the ppl on there.
And I do like the rotation dogy mentioned

dod_avalanche
dod_kalt
dod_sturm
dod_flash
dod_saints
dod_donner

Glider is good but better have that only on votes on map changes
Crafted by Betteh