So I've been gone a while, any notable sidegrades?

A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

So I've been gone a while, any notable sidegrades?

Post by Guardian » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:45 pm

So I think the last time I was active was the MvM update but recently I've been playing TF2 every once and a while again and I'm wondering if there have been any worthwhile sidegrades/buffs to existing sidegrades.

I've noticed the quick-fix got a notable buff which I've always had a soft-spot for since I thought it had an interesting if limited niche.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: So I've been gone a while, any notable sidegrades?

Post by The Domer » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Guardian wrote:So I think the last time I was active was the MvM update but recently I've been playing TF2 every once and a while again and I'm wondering if there have been any worthwhile sidegrades/buffs to existing sidegrades.

I've noticed the quick-fix got a notable buff which I've always had a soft-spot for since I thought it had an interesting if limited niche.
Quick-Fix, as you pointed out is actually somewhat viable. They buffed the Babyface Blaster significantly, it's super viable now. I know of people who use it on competitive TF2. They changed the charge 'n targe so you don't take afterburn damage anymore, it still sucks. Also, they've buffed the Concheror and Batallion's Backup. Conch now heals 35% and gives speed boosts, whereas BB prevents crits, grants 35% resistance to normal damage, and 50% resistance to sentry damage. I still prefer shotty or gunboats. They also buffed the cow mangler, but it's still the cow mangler.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:24 pm

There have not been any new weapons added since last year's Christmas update. Domer's pointed out a number of changes, but here's a few more:

Beggar's Bazooka now consumes loaded rockets when you overload it. This way you can't fly over the map with the Gunboats and rain death.

The Diamondback adds critical shots on scoring backstab kills now (in addition to sapper destructions), making it way more useful for hit-and-run stabs.

The Short Circuit, oh man the Short Circuit. Ammo cost reduced to 5 metal, firing rate amped up to Flamethrower levels. It's still weak in terms of damage, but it fires so fast the minimal damage actually adds up and makes it a threat. Let this video show you just how OP the new Circuit is:

The Soda Popper was tweaked. Instead of having Mini-crits when Hype is full, it lets you jump five times in a row, dramatically improving Scout maneuverability and better synergizing the weapon with the rest of the #1 Fan set (where the Winger improves jump height and the Atomizer grants the third jump). Furthermore, Crit-a-Cola now only increases damage taken by 10% as opposed to 25%.

The Amputator now adds +3 health regeneration to the Medic while active. As a tradeoff, the weapon now does 20% less damage.

The Crusader's Crossbow now reloads in your pocket like a Flare Gun. The damage was adjusted to do a bit less at close range, but shouldn't be much different at long range.

The Liberty Launcher now cuts Rocket Jumping damage by 25%. This stacks with the Gunboats for something like 75%? In addition the weapon now has four rockets at a 25% damage penalty.

Global Medigun Buff: You can now see your paitent's ammo reserve outside of MvM.

Item sets were axed. Many item set bonuses were readjusted and assigned weapons

Shortstop grants increased healing from all non-medkit sources while active.

All Banners now build rage from only dealing 600 damage. The Batallion's Backup adds 15% sentry resistance on top of the 35% damage resistance while active.

The Powerjack adds 15% movement speed while active.

Dalakohs Bar/Fishcake heals 100 total health when eaten instead of 60

The Cozy Camper's movement restriction was removed. +20% damage taken in it's place.

Darwin's Danger Shield now adds 15% bullet protection (to guard against quickscopes more than anything), but increases blast damage by 20%

L'etranger adds 40% to your cloak duration when equipped.

I'm sure there's more, but these are the big ones I recall.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:30 pm

The Domer wrote:They changed the charge 'n targe so you don't take afterburn damage anymore, it still sucks.
I take offense to this one. I prefer Targe over Screen for it's defensive benefits. It's especially powerful against Pyros now because they can't Axetinguish or flare gun you anymore and most still try. I clearly need to shove my Notably Dangerous targe in your face now.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
The Domer wrote:They changed the charge 'n targe so you don't take afterburn damage anymore, it still sucks.
I take offense to this one. I prefer Targe over Screen for it's defensive benefits. It's especially powerful against Pyros now because they can't Axetinguish or flare gun you anymore and most still try. I clearly need to shove my Notably Dangerous targe in your face now.
I'm a stickybomb man, through-and-through.

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:58 pm

They've also added a fourth medigun, the vaccinator. I find it very useful on most 5CP maps (other than Warpath).

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:09 pm

The Domer wrote:
Zork Nemesis wrote:
I'm a stickybomb man, through-and-through.

I love you
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica