flyingdutchman
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

switched back to desktop

Post by flyingdutchman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:45 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this topic so I decided that since the issue occurs while I'm playing TF2 that I would put it here.

I will try to be as clear as possible though I may not know the proper nomenclature for certain actions that I or the computer does.

ISSUE: While I am playing TF2 I am regularly interrupted by what seems to be a random switch back to my desktop. I alt+TAB back to tf2 and it usually happens again immediately and I alt+TAB back again. Most times it stops for a while at that point. Occasionally it will happen a third time. The game never stops running or seems to lag at all, it's just as though I am alt+TAB'd out by the computer or some action that I am not cognizant of. (I'm usually dead when I get back IG..boo)

I have tried to watch myself to see if I'm accidentally hitting the windows button when I mean to hit CTRL or ALT, but it happens sometimes when I'm not moving at all, thus doing nothing with my left hand on the keyboard. I have thought that maybe somehow I'm mousing off-screen and that is causing the issue. Playing other games the similar thing does happen when I accidentally mouse to far to the right and click in my second monitor (TV) space which is outside of the window for the game (eg. Hearts of Iron or Crusader Kings 2)

I don't know exactly what is happening and I don't know a way to get a good video of it to be able to show anyone. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: switched back to desktop

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Sounds like something is happening in the background. Any programs that auto-update or security programs tend to display their windows and get you to look at them if something is occurring. I know I refused to reinstall iTunes on my new computer because of that. I would try disabling any non-essential programs (don't turn off your security programs for example) while you play and see if that helps.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.