A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Joel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: stacks and rolls - le sigh

Post by Joel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Sometimes, both teams may be evenly matched in terms of player skill and class composition; however, if you're that one player – especially as a Medic – whatever team you join is the one that's gonna steamroll the other. And if you switch to the other team, then that's the one that's gonna be rolling the other.

I was at TV6 just earlier and both teams were relatively even in terms of who was in them and their class composition. However, when I joined one team as a Medic, we ended up winning all three stages with relative ease. Then, I switched to the other team to help them out, and we ended up rolling through all three stages.

I've been on both sides of stacked teams and rolls many times; however, I sometimes feel like I'm the deciding factor in which team is going to win.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Ghân-buri-Ghân wrote:I was at TV6 just earlier and both teams were relatively even in terms of who was in them and their class composition. However, when I joined one team as a Medic, we ended up winning all three stages with relative ease. Then, I switched to the other team to help them out, and we ended up rolling through all three stages.
Keep in mind that it is entirely possible that both teams could be good at offense and bad at defense. This seems to happen relatively frequently on TV6.

I would actually say that, contrary to what many people seem to say, well balanced games tend to result in both teams capping out more often than not.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:38 pm

black_and_blue wrote:I would actually say that, contrary to what many people seem to say, well balanced games tend to result in both teams capping out more often than not.
This is quite true. TF2 is an offensively oriented game. If both teams are good, both teams should capture the last point. If neither team is capping out, most likely it's the case that neither team is well-constructed.

Joel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Joel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Hm . . . Never thought about it that way. I guess you're right, although evenly matched teams at TV8 tend to get grounded to a stalemate. :)