BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Takedown: Red Saber

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 am

So my first crowdsource funded game came out today, Takedown: Red Saber. In March 2012 the game 5,423 backers fund $221,833. The game is supposed to be the spiritual successor to the old Rainbow 6 games, a true tactical shooter. I didn't play any of the alpha / beta since they didn't have server browsers but so far I've disappointed. Through videos and such the game looks way outdated and doesn't offer anything new or unique. They release videos bragging about bullet penetration which most games and engines do now. I would expect videos bragging about AI intelligence and breaching mechanics. Nonetheless, I'll play the game a bit and get back to this post with more of a review / experience.

Plas
Server Admin
Server Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Takedown: Red Saber

Post by Plas » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 pm

I loved the old rainbow six games, played a ton of rogue spear on the msn gaming zone back in the day. Co-op and vs.
My brother kick started this as well and he did a bit of alpha, but it was really bare bones at that point.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Takedown: Red Saber

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Plas wrote:I loved the old rainbow six games, played a ton of rogue spear on the msn gaming zone back in the day. Co-op and vs.
My brother kick started this as well and he did a bit of alpha, but it was really bare bones at that point.
There's no planning phase. It's not rainbow six without planning phase. I played the hell out of Rainbow six rogue spear. I loved the ability to plan where you guys would go, creating go-points and such.

Takedown has none of that. You choose your loadout (a few weapons and such) and then you choose a spawn point and go. The game feels at least 7 years dated. The AI is horrible. The only real "tactical" thing in the game is everything dies in one shot. And doesn't even die right. I shot a 7.62 caliber into a guys head from 10 feet away and he fell to the ground screaming.