Terraria 1.2

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Terraria 1.2

Post by Guardian » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 am

I gather this is a real to make multiple worlds or even to create a new one after the update.

EDIT: Just explored my corruption, the purple variant is mostly the same but there's some new items in pots (I got a variant of shadow armor basically for free) and the shadow orbs now drop... well shadow orbs.

Side note: I currently can't get on the NKing's server, is it down?

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 pm

I've gotten to the jungle now, and they have added slimes that shoot spikes at you, which basically means they took all my worst nightmares of the jungle and tripled them. I've died in there already because the spikes were juggling me and i couldn't move up to attack them

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Guardian wrote:I gather this is a real to make multiple worlds or even to create a new one after the update.

EDIT: Just explored my corruption, the purple variant is mostly the same but there's some new items in pots (I got a variant of shadow armor basically for free) and the shadow orbs now drop... well shadow orbs.

Side note: I currently can't get on the NKing's server, is it down?
Someone must have closed the server windows this morning, I restarted it a few hours ago.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Okay nice new find in the jungle, a hive. Not knowing what was happening i went in swinging at stuff and ended up hitting this bee looking thing and summoning a boss, the queen bee.

In case anyone is curious this is how the fight went:
She had like 4000 health. I dont' remember exactly what the amount was.

She has 3 attacks:
1) A triple charge attack, much like Cthulhu's.
2) A stinger attack, where she acts much like the hornets in the jungle and shoots you with stingers (which can poison you as well)
3) She spits out bees which come and attack you, very annoying, but they only have like 10 health.

She gave me a couple special items which included the following:
A Vanity shirt which looks like a bee's exterior
A sword which does 25 damage, can cause confusion, and can summon bees when you get a successful hit
Beenades which are grenades that summon a swarm of bees after exploding.

There is also honey in this hive which increases HP regen and you can get bottles of it which will restore 80 hp

Great fun.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:18 pm

I've only played for about 30 minutes but I found a Ice Biome. They have a slime like the jungle one that can shoot spikes. I went on a little but and found a icey chest looking thing with a extractor inside, haven't tried it out yet, but it's suppose to turn slush and silt into something useful.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm only about three hours into my post-1.2 world and have already died close to 20 times. :P I just can't find enough ores to build good armor - they're all deep enough down in the monster-heavy caves that I usually end up dead as soon as I find them.

Helping to alleviate that issue, however, is my new favorite item: the Slime Staff. It costs 10 Mana per use, and summons a seemingly invincible friendly baby slime which will help you by fighting nearby enemies. It doesn't deal huge damage, but it is very quick and can pass through enemies to damage them repeatedly. It will grow wings and fly through walls or up ledges if it gets too far away from you. Spawning a baby slime when one is already present will remove the first one and put a new one at the location you clicked. It only despawns when you die.

The funny thing is, I have no idea how I got the Slime Staff. I opened my inventory to look for something else, noticed I had it, tried it out, and haven't stopped using it since. Its use ranges from keepings slimes and the undead off you while mining to clearing out entire rooms of enemies while you hide in a corner.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I fought the Brain of Cthulhu (blood biome version of the Eater of Worlds) in my single player world. Not hard, but easy to get trapped against. Starts out with you getting swarmed by eyes; each eye you kill drops a few Crimeron ores and a tissue sample (blood biome equivilants of demonite/shadow scales). You can't hurt the brain until the eyes die (each has roughly 100-120 health, there's about 20 of them). The eyes stay close to the brain and the brain tends to teleport near you. Once the eyes die, the brain gets agressive (like the Eye) and has 1000 HP at that point. I got killed at this point since I was fairly underarmored to fight it.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:38 pm

There are some neat changes to some mobs when it rains. I think I have a screenshot of a slime holding a umbrella somewhere.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:50 pm

Here are some discoveries of mine from tonight:

-I spent three solid hours in an ice cavern system finding, then losing, then finding a replacement for an Extractifier. It turns out they are very rare. There is, however, a wide variety of other ice gear that can be found in the caves, including:
--Ice Skates - they stop you from slipping around on ice and will prevent the ice on the surfaces of water bodies from breaking when you fall on it
--Flurry Boots - functionally identical to the Hermes Boots, which can be equipped at the same time as these. Not sure if they stack.
--Snowball Cannon - a firearm that uses snowballs for ammo. It has fairly quick automatic firing, dealing about 4 damage per shot. It requires snowballs to be placed in one of your ammo slots in order to be used. Reportedly there is also a stationary furniture-based version, but I do not have one to try it out.
--Ice Blade - a new sword which throws a ball of energy when swung. The ball provides a projectile attack that casts light, so it can be used to navigate dark caves in a pinch (I had to use it like this when I ran out of torches and glowsticks halfway through the expedition...). The energy ball takes about two seconds to recharge, but the sword can still be used in that time without shooting the ball. The sword swing itself also casts a little bit of light.
-Predictably, snow falls in snow biomes in place of rain. I did not see if it actually created snow blocks on the ground as it fell, but I kinda doubt it.
-During nighttime rain, zombies will sometimes spawn with yellow raincoats and hats. When killed, they will very rarely drop their rain gear as wearable items. They grant no stat changes. They seem to drop these less rarely than they drop shackles, but still fairly uncommon (I got four raincoats and one rain hat in a single night of zombie-slaying in one spot, and only one shackle; the most shackles I've seen in one night post-1.2 is two).
-The "Blood" version of the Corruption is officially called the Crimson. As with the ores, each world has a chance to spawn either Corruption or Crimson, but not both.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:26 am

I'm currently trying to create an artificial crimson biome in my single player 1.2 world since I got a normal corruption instead. I currently have enough bricks to start the music and summon the monsters but currently it's not spreading from the bricks I brought along. I also put some normal corruption bricks in the chest in NKign's world to try and add that corruption to that world at some point if we want.

Speaking of Nking's world, constuction of the hellivator has halted as the water got frozen again and I couldn't mine past some lava I ran into, we're getting close to hell though.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:21 am

Me, Marf, and Taco all created new characters and a new server. Me never playing before, Taco just a bit. Finding all sorts of stuff.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 am

Guardian wrote:I'm currently trying to create an artificial crimson biome in my single player 1.2 world since I got a normal corruption instead. I currently have enough bricks to start the music and summon the monsters but currently it's not spreading from the bricks I brought along. I also put some normal corruption bricks in the chest in NKign's world to try and add that corruption to that world at some point if we want.

Speaking of Nking's world, constuction of the hellivator has halted as the water got frozen again and I couldn't mine past some lava I ran into, we're getting close to hell though.
Looking through the console commands, there is a command to settle the water while the server is running. That will be useful...
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:04 am

NerevarineKing wrote:
Guardian wrote:I'm currently trying to create an artificial crimson biome in my single player 1.2 world since I got a normal corruption instead. I currently have enough bricks to start the music and summon the monsters but currently it's not spreading from the bricks I brought along. I also put some normal corruption bricks in the chest in NKign's world to try and add that corruption to that world at some point if we want.

Looking through the console commands, there is a command to settle the water while the server is running. That will be useful...
No doubt. Hopefully I can finish hellivator construction tomorrow then.

EDIT: Although I can't connect to the server right now....

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 am

Terraria 2 is being hinted at. Maybe it's more than a hint really.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10 ... eam+RSS%29

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Guardian wrote: Hopefully I can finish hellivator construction tomorrow then.
This is how we made our hellivator: