Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Deadly Rooms of Death

Post by Masakari » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 am

So, full disclosure, not only am I a member of the community there since 2003-ish, I do tech support for this company so I'm a *little* biased about the game. Though, in my defence, I've been around here for

So, the Deadly Rooms of Death series, or DROD for short, are a fantastic collection of puzzle games that very math-y people will like. The game is comprised of level sets where the puzzle is contained to a room on a 38x32 grid. Objective of the room - to clear all monsters and leave the room safely. Sounds easy enough, but the amount of monsters in the game are varied enough to make that more daunting that it seems sometimes. Some monsters move directly towards you, some run away, some create an obstacle when you kill them, etc. It sounds complex, but it all blends together very well to create a really fun and challenging game style.

Right now, until the 18th of April, all the games in the series (With the exception of the newest one) is only $5. Try the demo for any of the versions, give the game a shot (You can also download custom level sets). I recommend giving the demo of Journey to Rooted Hold a shot first if you're new to the series, as it was the first paid game they released and is a decent mix between being challenging without being too difficult. The next game (The City Beneath), while superior to the other ones in terms of art, music, etc. is meant for fairly more experienced players. Check the games out at their site!

I'm probably going to pick up a few copies of the game to gift away within the next week or two. If you've tried the demo and want to play the full version, simply let me know by next week. If more people want it than I have copies, I'll just do a random drawing for it.
I am the 1%!