Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Evolve Alpha Codes

Post by NerevarineKing » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Please take it, but make sure you post when it has been used
TNQWB-AETCD-ZHG34
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:48 pm

I played a bit of the closed beta because I had both L4D1 and Bioshock Infinite.

I was much more successful as the monster this time around. As soon as I learned about the sneak key I finally got the hang of things (thanks new tutorial). Essentially I would sneak until the hunters were out of smell range, then devour everything in sight, once the hunters caught me I'd run until an arena went up or there was a nice area where I could sneak and juke the hunters.

It was a lot of fun.

It's interesting that this game is probably at it's best as the monster or as the hunters with a group of friends which is probably good if your friends interest fluctuates I guess.

However I fear this game is going to suffer from "Titanfall Syndrome". If this was a simple $20-30 multiplayer game then it would probably be worth it but for $60 they're charging too much. L4D sort of got away with this because the campaigns were big enough and there was enough free content added to justify the price when this game is already asking for DLC money for a bunch of packs they're working on.

Personally I say wait till this goes on sale and grab the eventually game of the year edition.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Guardian wrote: However I fear this game is going to suffer from "Titanfall Syndrome". If this was a simple $20-30 multiplayer game then it would probably be worth it but for $60 they're charging too much. L4D sort of got away with this because the campaigns were big enough and there was enough free content added to justify the price when this game is already asking for DLC money for a bunch of packs they're working on.

Personally I say wait till this goes on sale and grab the eventually game of the year edition.
It's worse than you think.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/13/ ... pc-edition
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:39 pm

NerevarineKing wrote:
Guardian wrote: However I fear this game is going to suffer from "Titanfall Syndrome". If this was a simple $20-30 multiplayer game then it would probably be worth it but for $60 they're charging too much. L4D sort of got away with this because the campaigns were big enough and there was enough free content added to justify the price when this game is already asking for DLC money for a bunch of packs they're working on.

I already saw that crap... really getting annoyed good games get ruined like this.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:31 am

Guardian wrote:
NerevarineKing wrote:

I already saw that crap... really getting annoyed good games get ruined like this.
Exactly, while I think it's really fun, it's really going to end up like left 4 dead or depth. That's not a problem at all. I don't mind paying for skins, but they're gonna sell more hunters on a game that is $60. Depth is $25 and I believe left 4 dead and l4d2 were $45 each.

To keep things straight, there are 5 game modes and a campaign that goes through all 5 consecutively with variables. There are also supposed to be 12+ maps and future maps were promised to be free.

Not gonna pre-order, will wait and see what happens. I could understand DLC characters but not characters and skins.

Oddjob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Oddjob » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

I had good times with some of the villuns and others during the beta. I didn't play much as the monster until the very end but once you learn the maps and develop some good sneaking techniques it is a lot of fun :)

I don't plan on purchasing anytime soon but will definitely be looking forward to when a lower priced, more comprehensive edition is released.