Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Strategy Games

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:01 pm

The folks over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun have posted a new one of those "best of all time" type lists, in this case for strategy games. The list is, in my opinion, pretty good. It's subjective of course, and is missing some things I would consider blindingly obvious, or opts to promote a given volume in a series over another I might prefer, but all in all, they've done their homework, and have included a great many good suggestions from all different corners of "strategy" gaming.

There is an additional useful feature, which is part of why I like this version of the article - they include a link for every game (if possible) to the place you can buy it and play it today! A few of the oldest or most obscure are not readily available, but the vast majority can be had from GOG, Steam, or the publisher themselves. Definitely a good list if you're looking to lighten your wallet and get some quality out of it.
-Boss Llama

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Strategy Games

Post by The Domer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks for posting, quite an interesting collection of games.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Strategy Games

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 pm

This is always one of those things where I'm like WTF, why is that on there? Then I see some of my favorite games in top 5 and go yeah!!! ... but yeah, good formatting on each game, but once again, like Alizee mentioned, very subjective. There are a couple games that completely changed the gaming industry that aren't on there.