Zombie Panic 1.4.1 Update

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Zombie Panic 1.4.1 Update

Post by SilverOne » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:17 pm

TV4 is down to apply the new Zombie Panic update version 1.4.1

Server will be back up shortly... once up, the patch is applied and ready to play!

Here are the changes from zombiepanic.org

=====1.4.1 (12-1-2008) =======
-Autovision and noscoot cvars should now save settings.
-Zombies can now lunge "through" knockback.
-Bullet knockback has been significantly reduced. (Slowdown on bullet hits only apply now).
-If a carrier disconnects, a new carrier will be chosen.
-sv_usescustom cvar now added for people who use custom plugins. This will help differentiate standard gameplay servers from ones with gameplay modifications.
-Fixes for various ladder bugs.
-Fixes for various maps.
-Flashlight will now flicker out after extended use, but will recharge at the same rate. Use it sparingly.
-Some minor sound tweaks.
-Infections have mutated, and no longer take an exact amount of time to fully turn a human.
-Zombies can no longer walk. Also walk is now disabled during panic.
-Stamina meter now indicates whether or not you are walking.
-Toggle keys no longer stall out respawning.
-Hitting the lunge key without taking any action should now have very little effect on your feed-o-meter.
-Collision system is now a bit smoother.
-Tweaked M4 recoil, and M4/Shotgun damage levels.
-Bug where dryfire would repeat if you started to shoot a rifle while reloading is fixed.
-You can no longer drop ammo while you are trying to reload a gun.
-A few helpful messages will show up if you are trying to do something that an in-game timer prevents you from doing too often.
-Alt firing while underwater with certain guns no longer plays a dryfire sound.
-Backwards bunnyhopping is no longer possible.
-Fixed a bug that prevented footstep sounds from playing when you are extremely weighed down.
-Removed some meaningless console errors.

EDIT: Server back up, Enjoy!
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm

woot.

this just keeps geting better and better.

valve, look out, coz here comes the team of zps

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Awesome, glad to see they're paying attention over at the ZPS team. Some good stuff in there!

Love these:

-Zombies can now lunge "through" knockback.
-Bullet knockback has been significantly reduced. (Slowdown on bullet hits only apply now).
-If a carrier disconnects, a new carrier will be chosen.
-Hitting the lunge key without taking any action should now have very little effect on your feed-o-meter.
-Backwards bunnyhopping is no longer possible.

I just don't get this:
-Flashlight will now flicker out after extended use, but will recharge at the same rate. Use it sparingly.

I was so pleased to see a game that finally had the concept of batteries. I swear, programmers must assume people only have shaker flashlights or something with a 30 second life. I've had my big MagLite for over two years now, and never changed the 3 D-cells in it. It still works perfectly.

Thanks for the update!
Last edited by Boss Llama on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Boss Llama

CastleDoctrine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CastleDoctrine » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:55 am

[quote="Alizée Fan";p="137451"]I just don't get this:

I was so pleased to see a game that finally had the concept of batteries. I swear, programmers must assume people only have shaker flashlights or something with a 30 second life. I've have my big MagLite for over two years now, and never changed the 3 D-cells in it. It still works perfectly.

Thanks for the update![/quote] I'm not too thrilled about nerfing the flashlight's battery time. Seems a cheap way to increase suspense. Why not have a zombie vision time limit too? :roll:

And yes, MagLites are great! My household has several, ranging from 3 D-cell to 5, and they take forever to run down. I left the 4 D-cell on in the car and its Krypton bulb was still blinding over a day later when I found it. Also, they're good home defense flashlights (especially the 5 D-cell) because of the solid aluminum construction. :ohoh: :D

Bakuryu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Re: Zombie Panic 1.4.1 Update

Post by Bakuryu » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:01 pm

The bullet knockback was not greatly reduced...at all...as far as I've noticed. The game is sort of backwards though in that respect. You can club someone with a sledgehammer and they stay next to you, but when you fire rounds into their soft flesh, they go rocketing backwards as if you hit them with a gale wind or something.
I will find you...and I will kill you

Pain in the @&^% TF'er since 2000.